A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 311,865
Currently Running With Scissors:
286 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Set of Embroidered Tea Towels Round 2 Gallery  (Read 11539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2009 07:15:38 PM »

Here are two of my towels I received from lalalaurenn!   She has to post the third per the artist that let her use the image so.     She did and AMAZING job!! 

First up...A cute little gnome and his mushroom house. 

Look at how cute he is!

Up next is a vintage pattern that I have been wanting to do for myself!! 
Chicken n Rice!!

Look at the colors!!!  I love it!!

She also included a cute strawberry notepad and some cute mushroom fabric!

THANK YOU!!  I had such a blast with this swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

la la laurrenn
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2009 07:40:16 PM »

Here is the third towel I stitched up for fiberartsy. I googled "kawaii sushi" and found this really great little design and HAD to do it. After investigation, I found that the image was by a graphic design artist who does digital vector pop art in the kawaii fashion. I emailed her and asked for permission to post my finished piece of her work and she was very willing and excited that her image had been done in embroidery.

fiberartsy - SO glad you liked the work, you've been a splendid swappie!

Without further ado,

"Kawaii California Roll and Sushi Nigiri"
Created by Bleuh Meuh Design - Valentina Crespo is licensed to Lauren Bridwell under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.
http://www.bleuhmeuh.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i grow healthy aloe vera plants by the win-dow
healthy teeth in my mouth, healthy hair on my head
i grow healthy, wavy brown hair on my head.....

my flickr
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2009 08:05:56 PM »

I received a perfectly fabulous (and SO tailored to my likes) package from Savage Pixie!

We'll start with: bats, with a golden ring. Simple, but very effective. And oh yes, I do love bats!

And then, the also fabulous, "Sewing is Sexy" Pin-up!! I need to figure out the perfect way to display in my craft area.. . . hm

Finally, a super Harley Quinn. (Who I simply adore)... I think this is my favourite of the three? (But it's so hard to decide!)

And then. . .  I got extras! Here are the 4 delightfully mismatched napkins, made of scraps (also all from fabric to my liking!). There were also 2 catnip pouches for my 2 cats, but I gave them right to them out of the package and they've absconded with them

Thanks so much Savage, it was a great package!! (As you can tell by my excessive adjective-ing in this post Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009 08:26:45 PM »

psyche! i'm so glad you liked everything - it was so much fun crafting for you.  after "stalking" you, it was hard to pin down what to do.

i started the Harley Quinn with just an outline, but it just didn't look like what i wanted, so i thought "why not fill it ALL in?" haha.
i couldn't decide which i liked better either, but i'm happy with the way they all came out. and so very pleased that you are as well.

(oh and about the catnip toys - i had to make quite a few of them, as the first batch i made for your cats were stolen by my own sneaky cats, haha.)

Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

my wist http://wists.com/savagepixie
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009 09:36:03 PM »

Virtual hug to Lily for the amazing work she did on the towels for me! I nearly died...they are perfection! Seriously considering adding towel racks to one wall of my craft room just to display them!

Yeah, they're that good!

Kiss

Grin Kiss

fiberartsy - I love the towels you got!! The chicken is so cute, I love the little mushrooms, and the kawaii sushi is awesome!

psyche - I love your towels, too!! The sexy sewer is beautiful and I love Harley Quinn! The faces on both are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesa
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2009 09:39:14 PM »

WOW everyone did such an AWESOME job on towels!!

I love the sushi. makes me hungry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2009 03:13:21 PM »

Love those! So super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Automaton J.
Hardcore Lady Type

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2009 06:26:53 PM »

I got my package from fatewineroses today! It's pretty much the best package ever sent in a swap, ever. She used water color for "George" (our gentleman in the suit) and the foot. The sign towel is SO COOL in person. The pictures don't really do them justice. ALSO, A PINCUSHION. I NEEDED ONE SO BADLY.  Grin

« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 07:31:52 PM by Automaton J. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
phnxreign99
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2009 07:07:51 PM »

Wow, everything is so unique - so many interesting designs!  Loving the chicken and rice, the sushi is awesome, and the sexy seamstress - every sewer needs that one ... and where else can one get a Yeti tea towel set?!  Only on Craftster - (where the cool people hang out -  Cool )
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 07:09:55 PM by phnxreign99 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
fatewineroses
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2009 01:32:07 AM »

No fair. I received first, sent last and due to my silly schedule she beat me to posting! lol Due to Life I haven't had the chance to comment, just peek in a couple times to see what was going on and I have to say that I absolutely am SO glad I decided to do this swap.  Not only do I get to receive some AWESOMELY embroidered tea towels, I was privileged to be able to wring some creativity out of my brain AND I get to have my work posted along side some really great ladies. So, so lucky.

Comment Goodness...I wanted to go through and comment on everyone's beautiful work:

~Glenda - I love the vibrant colors you used! Someone asked about the towels...Colonial Patterns have them in sets of 3, 7 or 50. No singles though. Kind of pricey but I love the weave.

Sonja - Love love love the owls!  I've seen those on the Vintage Hoop Group and have been wanting to stitch 'em up. I love the colors you used.

fiberartsy - Love that 50s housewife! Classic!

Beetastic - I always seem to love your stuff so it's no wonder I love the towels you stitched up! I absolutely love the colors you used and the flower pattern and the snowflake thingy..just great.

vmfein - Cute cute cute!

kittykill - Love the retro feel to those..and the ricrac on the orange one? Excellent!

elvissatx - Of course I know what a great partner you are..but you really outdid yourself on those! I love it! (The robot one is my fave!)

jesa - OMG those are adorable! I love the cupcake fishing for the piece of cake! Just so cute!

lalalaurenn - So cute! Chicken and rice..one of my favorite meals! LoL And that sushi one is just great!

Savage Pixie - Absolutely in love with Harley Quinn! Awesome job!!

And now I get to show off my partner's work...AWESOME!  I asked for pin ups and my partner was kind enough to do some military pin ups for me (I used to serve). May I introduce you to...

Bomb-bomb-bombadier

Aye-aye Sergeant!

And finally, my favorite...

Semper Ferocious!

And my extras...

I swear this girl was stalking me! I had *just* given my good set of needles to my daughter because she wanted to try out doing some embroidery and I keep meaning to make a needlebook.  Cheesy Ask and ye shall receive!   Grin

I almost didn't send George to her. I fell in love with him as I stitched and painted him. I had the hardest time deciding on exactly what to do for these "towels." Now, note that my partner told me beforehand that she would not be using them as "towels" and thus, while they are created on "towels" they are not meant to be used in the kitchen (except maybe as decoration). Two of them were stitched and then watercolors were used to finish them off. The third one used craft felt to make the colored signs, based on a real life sign.  If you want to see more pictures, feel free to check out my Flickr.

Thanks so much to my partner and our wonderful organizers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Curtain Rods
Tute Tuesday: Fold Out ATC
I'm Meltingggg!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...