A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,891
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alice in Wonderland Swap Gallery  (Read 44674 times)
Tags for this thread: alice_in_wonderland  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
edamame
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2005 04:18:41 AM »

Btw,
edamame, how did you put the picture on the pouch? Was it like iron on transfer or something? It's so professional!
I'm glad you like it. I fixed up the picture a bit on Photoshop, then printed it on ink-jet iron-on transfer paper. I've been playing around with different papers to find the best one (this one is called Ultra Trans).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SpyRI
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2005 07:44:19 AM »

Ooooh, everything is so pretty! Yay, I got mine this afternoon- thanks so much freakigreeniiz!!!
A beautiful, embellished journal, a gorgeous collaged and painted box, and a really cool sculpture of a Red Queen!!! I love it!

Thanks Alison for setting this up!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 03:17:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

it had a beat, you could dance to it
pamplemousse
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2005 09:10:15 AM »

pamplemousse...
I got your "Tea Party for One" box today...
Oh.
My.
GAWD!
I love it.  Love love love LOVE it!

I'll try and skank my roomie's camera to take pictures tomorrow...meanwhile, here's a description:

It's a lovely cream colored, squarish box with the various card suits decoupaged around the permeter.  on the top, there's a bunch of delightful stickers (i must know where you got those stickers!) and little red roses.  The crafty goodness doesn't stop there though!

In the inside, pamplemousse has placed a cream-colored knitted/crochetted (sp?) teacup and saucer.  the teacup has three adorable red heart buttons on it.  To complete the "tea" theme, there are some tea bags (ummm...tea....)

the Alice goodness continues...a pack of Alice playing cards, a FABULOUS set of shrinky-dink bobby-pins AND bracelet (did you draw the characters yourself???!!! if so...WOW!), a tea napkin with the Mad Hatter embroidered on it (i CAN NOT do the craftmenship justice...it's fabulous!) and, perhaps my favorite part because 1.  i would've never thought to include this and 2. cooking is a hobby of mine (i'm not good, but i keep trying!)...a Queen of Hearts Strawberrty Tarts recipe and cookie cutter

thank you very very much...this totally made my day!

xoxo
tinapickles.

I'm so glad you liked everything tinapickles!!!! All your nice compliments are making me blush!

The fabulous stickers are from the Edward Gorey store link that's here on Craftster sometimes. They have tons and tons of Alice stuff.
And I wish that I could take credit for drawing the shrinky dink charms, but I just traced over the pictures in the books.

And I just wanted everyone to know that I am in love with absolutely everything I've seen from this swap! xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
alison
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2005 01:45:41 PM »

The bracelet is adorable.  What is it made from?

its ink jet printable shrinky dinks!
they are so much fun...

thanks for posting pictures! mine never come out as good as yours.
you'll have to send me a picture whenever you do the tea set...i'd love to see how it comes out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelwing75
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2005 04:08:19 PM »

you'll have to send me a picture whenever you do the tea set...i'd love to see how it comes out.

Definitely!

I'll have to try those shrinky dinks.  The bracelet turned out so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alison
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2005 08:00:28 PM »

hey everyone,
i'm keeping track of who has received their package on the first message of the swap thread (you can get to it here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=23590.msg194052#msg194052)

i have heard from every swapper saying that they have shipped or will be soon.  so please, let ME know when you have received your package so I can maintain an accuruate count. 

thanks!
alison
THIS ROCKS   Logged
freakigreeniiz

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas?!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2005 08:31:47 PM »

Ooooh, everything is so pretty! Yay, I got mine this afternoon- thanks so much freakigreeniiz!!!
A beautiful, embellished journal, a gorgeous collaged and painted box, and a really cool sculpture of a Red Queen!!! I love it!
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/20293d.JPG

Thanks Alison for setting this up!

Uh oh  spyri,
the red queen was hot glued to the top of the box! Hence the quote inside.  It must of come off in the mail. Sad  You could leave it off if you'd like or glue it back on.  Maybe I should try the glueing before the modge podging next time.  Ahh well live and learn.
I'm gld you liked it!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 03:18:10 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
aquariann
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2005 04:19:43 PM »

this is certainly my favorite swap thus far, and not just because alice in wonderland is the best theme ever. every single one of you is incredibly talented and made such gorgeous gifts.

now, i just got mine yesterday...and feel quite spoiled indeed. THANK YOU SO MUCH, clayfaery <3. uhm, wow. i love love love the eat me felt cake and the drink me cup, they're perfect! and the alice playing croquet figurine is adorable. i think the pin is actually my favorite, the way you made it using the queen of hearts is AWESOME. i'm so envious of your creativity. thank you thank you thank you.

also, to donhae - oh my fur and whiskers! i'm late, i'm late...but i'm mailing your package tomorrow. i do so hope you enjoy it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when my wings finally tatter and fall, drown me in the sea.
but for now, float with me at aquariann.com

*find my fantasy art on magnets, bookmarks, cards, and more at my Etsy shop*
SpyRI
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2005 09:13:52 PM »

Oh, freakigreeniiz, I love the box and the head so much seperately! I had no idea, and I'm sure they'd look awesome together, but I already have some jewelery in the box (and that's one of my favorire Alice quotes!!!) and I have the head on my mantlepiece, honestly, next to an African fertility god and a few buddhas!!! I've been feeling that I had "too many males" on the mantlepiece, and I only had one small art nouveauish girl, so I'm loving that ferocious Red Queen up there! Did you make her? I love the journal so much, too, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it had a beat, you could dance to it
jan_on_ice

oh how i wish i was a fish...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2005 01:08:12 AM »

Just thought I should make the whole world jealous.
I got tweedle dee and tweedle dum earrings!
I also got an alice journal with extra pics to stick in and an alice magnet dress up doll.
too cool!!!!!
thanks jan_on_ice

Yay! I'm glad you like it all!
And thanks for what you sent me, I got it today, and it's awesome!!! Thanks so much!!

I got:
- croquet animals magnets (so cute!!)
- flamingo earrings (can't wait to wear them!!)
- a silver bracelet with pink hearts
- a rocking-horse fly note pad
- a mini cook book made out of playing cards (such a neat idea!! Can't wait to try out the shooters...)

I will post pics as soon as I get my camera back, unless you managed to take pics before you sent and want to post them instead?? Anyway, thanks heaps purple_hippo, I love it all!!  Grin

Oh, and here are the pics of what I sent purple_hippo:

Journal:

Alice magnetic dress-up doll:

Tweedledum and Tweedledee earrings:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 03:16:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

***Truly Outrageous!!***
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...