A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
364 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy knitted purple poncho  (Read 3745 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
samilynn9
« on: March 29, 2005 12:46:59 PM »

Here is a poncho that i knitted in the round, and at the top there is an eyelet row neckline, with a bow with pompoms attached at the ends = this is really warm and fun to wear! Easy for a first "wearable" project :-)

I have the free pattern at home - i will grab it and put it up tomorow for you guys to make if you want to....
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013 09:30:49 AM by jungrrl - Reason: made title more descriptive. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sammy :-)
abinka
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005 01:34:24 PM »

Yes please post the pattern. I'm looking for a super simple, short poncho.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karenie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005 02:19:03 PM »

is this the red heart sheet pattern, the you can pull out of the stack at walmart? i've got that pattern, was thinking of doing it in an irish coffee tweed that i've got. it's cute in the purple, any chance of seeing it on a model?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life, in a knitterly fashion
http://knitterlyfashion.blogspot.com
linda63pt
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005 07:14:18 PM »

That looks great! I love knitting in the round for i have this sewing phobia! My daughter insists I have an obsession with ponchos and capelets. ( have made the paris loopX2, spiderweb capelet SNBNATION, and working on the Boob tube SNBNATION).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samilynn9
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005 07:32:20 AM »

Yes - it is the red heart tear sheet poncho! This is a great pattern if you havent made it yet - Here is a pic of me wearing it! I want to make another maybe with a contrasting color for the bow/pompom part....

Administrator Comment
copyrighted pattern removed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013 09:30:34 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sammy :-)
knitkatgrrl

Here knitty kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005 09:20:50 AM »

That's cute and you are gorgeous in it!  Way to go Sammy!  Thanks for sharing the pattern too.  I have a pattern I got off of Lion Brand's website that is very similar.  I have some purple Homespun I want to use for it.  I've had everything sitting around for awhile, but now I think I might be motivated to knit it, after seeing you in yours! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't beat 'em, knit for 'em.
Scream-a-little
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005 09:32:35 AM »

Grin what a great little poncho.. unfortunately my teen spotted it over my shoulder and said look mum it knits up quick u could make me a couple of them.. that with all the other projects she has coherced me into.. and yes before u ask she does know how to knit just not fast yet.. i think i will make myself one first..thanks for the great pattern!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
Knitrageous
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005 09:44:12 AM »

I made this for my niece. I made it in pink homespun with some kind of pink/black/white twisted yarn for the drawstring. I left off the pom poms on the end of the drawstring and crocheted a flower (from a Lion Brand pattern) out of the same pink/black/white twisted and put a pin back on it. Turned out quite cute, if I do say so myself! Sorry, no pics as I sent it to her before I thought about it.

PS It's on their website if you don't have the tear off copy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Learning how to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me." Erma Bombeck
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...