A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
143 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fantasy, Fairytales, Faeries and Folklore Round 2  (Read 21178 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009 06:49:23 PM »

I sent in my questionnaire!  I'm getting some input from my husband on this, as he is also into fairytales, and big into fantasy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009 07:09:50 AM »

Cheesy ok when we are almost filled up if we get to 20 i am closing it for this is my first swap to organize and i didn't want it to be to big so for all the lurkers if you are gonna sign up do it asap....tee hee and i will work on partners very soon too so...yeah get on it! lol....ok have a fantab day!!!!!!!!!! may the faeries bless you! ~Erin Cheesy ONLY 6 SPOTS LEFT!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
crazyda79
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009 04:27:24 PM »

I don't know if I will get feedback by the time this fills up Sad  Hopefully I do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2009 08:36:23 AM »

oh goodness!! I so want in this swap! Just the other day I was talking about a mermaid swap, or a fairy swap, or (trails off into forever)

I dont have time to fill out the questionaire before work, but hopefully there'll still be spot after that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2009 02:05:09 PM »

After my time crunch on the last swap (semi-major household drama that's pretty much figured out now), I can't believe I'm doing this...  But since I have a month to craft and everything from the other swaps is either already made or sent out, I'm in. 

I can't pass up anything to do with fairy tales and especially mermaids! 

Filling out the questionnaire now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2009 05:45:07 PM »

If you were stuck in the Labyrinth would you go left or right?
I'm directionally challenged, so I'd probably be hopelessly lost in an open prairie... or even my own back yard.

What is your favorite hobbies?
I love to read:  Historical fiction, folklore, Celtic mythology and history

what are your favorite bands/music?
For some reason I'm drawn to the romantic "emo" type stuff.  But really, I love just about everything.  At the moment I'm infatuated with Snow Patrol and all these new piano divas out lately.

what are your favorite Fanstasy, Folklore, Faeirie Fairytales:
Celtic and Anglo mythology and folklore, as well as the actual history surrounding many of these tales.  By far, though, my favorite tales are those of mermaids.  I have this strange affinity with them, and can relate to the tales of selkies, mermaids and the Gwragedd Annwn (ladies of the lake).

Who are your heros:
Mary of Scotland, Joan of Arc, Helen Keller - women who were strong in the face of extreme adversity.

what are your favorite colors:
Ocean-y tones of blue and green and iridescent shades thrown in, or forest-y  and neutral tones and colors.

If you were a plant what would you be:
Maybe an oak or a birch, with a beautiful, strong trunk and cool, green, breezy leaves.

what are your favorite crafts that people can give you:
OMG, I want a mermaid poppet SOOOOO bad Tongue  Anything mermaid-y would be fantabulous!

A small bio to wrap it up:
I am a single mom.  I have 5 children, two teenage boys with my ex, and the younger three (two girls and a boy, all elementary aged) with me.  Physically some days I feel 60, but mentally I'm still 16 Smiley  I believe strongly that you get what you give (the Golden Rule, Karma, whatever you'd like to call it).  Even though some people say I've had more than my share of the bad, I still believe it'll come around one day Smiley  I feel at my best when I'm around water - preferably in it, but being near the ocean wasn't quite the same.  I prefer large lakes with beautiful flowers growing right out of rocks, and babbling brooks or tinkling streams nestled in a wooded area.  We have a park in my hometown in Northern Indiana (Midwestern US) that my kids and I call the "Fairy Park", since it has a perfect little stone troll bridge and a long, winding stream running through it with lots of fairy hiding places.

Yes, I am a big ol' sap.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2009 09:28:35 PM »

Just sent my info

Hopefully in - in time! Tongue

I have a Faery or Scary Partyot go to next sat - If I'm photogenic I post a pic of my costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listening to the wind bustle past...and watching Muppet (the bearded dragon) sleep. This is lovely!
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009 05:50:45 AM »

4 more spots left if we get them filled fast we can start with this swap so come on and frolic with us i can't wait to start crafting for this swap Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009 08:23:11 AM »

ok, filled out the questionaire and running off to work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009 08:27:32 AM »

can't wait to see who i get so i can plan.  i got my whimsy partner for the jar of whimsy swap so i've been planning for that but i don't want to make any orders until i get my partner for this one in case i can save on shipping by buying supplies for both at the same site.  *waiting patiently*  heh.  join, people...join.  you know that you really want to...: )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...