A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,831
Currently Running With Scissors:
160 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Something to do with a swatch  (Read 997 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

panul
« on: April 18, 2009 10:10:03 AM »

Both my daughters are avid knitters and have been encouraging me to get more into knitting too. I just finished my first sweater (Sad story... turned out to be too big  Sad) and I started a baby sweater next. It called for a cable twist, which I had never done (I have been doing only the very basic stitches) and after I did the swatch, I fell in love with it and wanted to use it. Here's what it looked like:

See, pretty yarn, pretty pattern, ought to be something.
My daughters don't do much with their swatches, other than post them on a bulletin board, so they had no suggestions. But I decided to make a knitting project bag decorated with my swatch.
I raided my stash for bag fabric and lining that worked with the yarn color, put in some pockets, hand stitched the swatch to the outside pocket, and here's what I came up with:

And here's a picture of the inside. (How do people take such lovely photos of the insides of their bag? This was really hard to do!)

I also made a pouch for my knitting notions, using the only zipper I had, which just happened to be exactly the right color!  Shocked

I'm so happy that I have actually used my pretty little swatch. And now when the yarn comes for my throw pillow covers, I have a bag to keep that project in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009 11:23:56 AM »

Very cool. I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
meatless mama
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009 07:24:22 AM »

Excellent ideas! Cables are so much fun aren't they?!

« Last Edit: May 10, 2010 09:44:24 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aecharjay
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009 01:45:51 AM »

Wow, that's a great idea! Shocked I hate making swatches so I usually avoid them like the plague, but now i think I'll have to come up with creative ways to use them. Maybe now I won't have to restart my projects so many times to get them right.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Crochet Knotted Head Wrap
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Pipe Cleaner Mouse
December 13, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...