A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
140 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jesus in/out of the tomb snacks  (Read 9857 times)
Tags for this thread: baking , snack , holiday , easter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 12, 2009 10:27:27 AM »

These are super simple, and kid friendly to make.  I made them for my son's preschool and everyone loved them...they aren't super sweet, you can actually taste the biscuit in there.

I'll start with the finished snack:

Now here is the deal:
You start with a marshmellow in the middle of a squished biscuit.  Then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar...not too much just a little.

Wrap up and seal in the marshmellow or Jesus if you will.  Put the seam side down and sprinkle just a bit more cinnamon to help out the brown color.

Bake according to biscuit directions.  I use the 10 in a can bisuits. 
the marshmellows leak out (Jesus leaving the tomb) and you are left with an empty tomb, and a yummy snack.
I tried to get a picture of the empty tomb.

Enjoy.  Feel free to ask any questions!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slue-Foot Sue
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009 10:47:59 AM »

Those look really tasty. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know if I'd go with the analogy. I don't like the idea of Him ooozing out like that. They do look like empty little tombs though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhina
Goddess of Space and Time

Value of life lies not in the length of the day.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009 11:23:58 AM »

OMG!  I remember these from Girl Scouts when I was little!!  Thanks for reminding me of this - I'm going to have to share it with my son!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mad Crocheter
Invitations and Calligraphy Creation
Craft Genius
One DS
Second Grade Teacher
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009 11:29:03 AM »

These are awesome!  Thanks for sharing the instructions!

The mom of one of my Sunday School students brought these in as a surprise for our class today and it was such a nice way to relate the topic of the day to our snack time.  I quickly put away our frosted animal crackers and we ate these instead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparrowlegs
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009 01:19:02 PM »

Cheesy what a amazing idea....guna make some!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am not a sheep, I dont follow....
AND please be aware, I am in England, so my spellings and sayings may seem a lil bit weird lol
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009 02:08:30 PM »

Those look really tasty. Thanks for sharing!

I don't know if I'd go with the analogy. I don't like the idea of Him ooozing out like that. They do look like empty little tombs though!
yea, kinda creepy, but I be He tastes good lol

What kind of biscuit is it? I live in NZ and have never seen anything like this before but want to give it a go  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009 05:18:33 PM »

Yea, maybe I should have written out the story a bit better about Jesus, but I was in a hurry.  I re-read it and I guess it didn't really do the story of Easter justice.  Also, I'm not sure that the kids/audience are really supposed to see the tombs cooking.  The marshmallows end up on the pan, and they don't go with the snack.  What I did was brought in a biscuit and marshmallow, showed them how I wrapped the marshmallow up so there was no way that marshmallow could get out of the biscuit!  and then, "And this is how they came out of the oven, the marshmallow is gone!"  And if there is a little marshmallow left on the bottom of the tomb, then you can say it is the cloth they wrapped Jesus in.  I also made these after the kids had been talking about Easter for a week or so at school, so they knew the Easter story.  I think it would also work well to make these to introduce the story to the kids so they have a visual to recall.

But if you believe in Jesus, it is a pretty cool way to show kids what happened.

Oh, and I hope I didn't come off as I invented these or anything...I got the recipe from a church preschool a long time ago.  I'm sure there are different versions.  My hubby said he used to make them with crescent rolls, but I found those to be too soft and didn't keep the shape very well.

And I used Pilsbury (brand name) canned biscuits, but I'm sure any biscuit dough will do...just as long as you seal in the marshmallow very well. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009 07:32:37 PM »

lol, ahh is that the theory behind it, ok so dont watch the Jesus-mellow melt, just enjoy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009 11:28:16 PM »

OH MY GARSH! I'm buying some buscuits in a can and marshmallows tomorrow no matter what! These look delicious.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeltreats
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009 02:44:27 AM »

Yum!  I have to make some of these.

Sorry though but I am a week bit confused, due to people in the US and UK speaking two different languages.  What's biscuit?  Is it what we call scones?  It's not cookie dough, is it?  Is it crunchy when you bite it, or is it more squidgey?

Scones on Wikipeda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie
@Home This Weekend: Door Decor
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...