A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
140 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy baby set pattern, very cute  (Read 2807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

modkatie
« on: March 27, 2005 02:53:53 PM »

yarn: aarlan arwetta 75/25 wool/acrylic blend from a very old stash (my grandmothers)
pattern: '6 Mos. Baby Set' from crochetpatterncentral.com (the pattern shows it in oranges, which I LOVE, may do another in those colors)

Again, not a great image--it's blocking and I have yet to add the button at the collar, but wanted to share this great baby sweater pattern.  I made just the sweater, and ran short in my stash to complete long sleeves, but I think the short ones work just fine. My gauge and heavier yarn worked out a bit larger, so mine may fit a 9mo to 1 year old instead. Adjustments could be made to the pattern to fit a toddler as well.

This is a great pattern for intermediate beginners or someone attempting an in-the-round garment for the first time--it's easy to follow and shapes up quickly--once you get the idea, you're off and running! I found this type of increasing particularly easy on the brain.

Only question now, WHICH baby to give it to? Seems all my friends and family are in breeding mode... what would we crafters do on Sunday nights without them though?  ha ha

« Last Edit: March 27, 2005 11:16:30 PM by modkatie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elkoo
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005 06:58:23 AM »

that is really pretty.  I love bright colors for babies.  Can you post the direct link to the pattern?  I couldnt find it over there.
Thank you
Marina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
modkatie
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005 09:17:59 AM »

here's the pattern link: http://www.members.shaw.ca/b.e.webb/crchst6mth.html

enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elkoo
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005 12:33:59 PM »

Ty for posting so quick.
Marina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005 12:55:47 PM »

That is really cute.  You did such a good job.  You know what would make it look even cuter is if you add some crocheted flowers on it, if you were giving it to a little girl. I will have to try this out sometime although I get scared when it comes to crocheting clothes.  Always afraid I'll end up making one sleeve way too long. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AdiaStar

Crafting for Mia Stella

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005 10:23:21 AM »

Thanks for the pattern modkatie!  Your colors and sweater are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...