A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 314,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
258 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crochet wrap! drool!  (Read 1913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

le vikki
« on: March 26, 2005 09:01:58 PM »

i saw this incredible wrap thing today:
http://www.rebecca-online.com/en/anleit/heft_12_anl_17.pdf
and it's, like, my dream shirt wrap thing. but not in pink, maybe in brown or rusty-orangy-red or something...

anyways. I just started crocheting in the last few days and a) i think this is a knitting pattern anyways b) i don't know much about crocheting or knitting...

but i wanna make it! any suggestions? how hard could this be? (i'm imagining myself eating my words)
any suggestions? is there a crochet pattern out there like this? i actually think it's just a very long and narrow rectangle with sleeves sewn in. is this hard to make?

help!
thanks!
vikki!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ithnkuno
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005 06:04:11 AM »

That is a knitting pattern, and I do think it could be easy, but I don't undersatnd the insrtuctions my self. Wher do you attach the sleeves exactly?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
pixie_stixs
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005 06:10:51 AM »

That is really pretty...it's a knit pattern and I've yet to teach myself how to knit. I found these links to help convert a knit pattern to crochet....since I've never done it, I don't know how helpful these are. Good Luck!  Smiley

http://www.ehow.com/how_18632_convert-knitting-pattern.html

http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/tips/convert.shtml
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogsrock
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005 08:44:23 AM »

when in doubt look at the supply list if its knitting it will have a number and say needles if its crochet it will have a letter and say hook
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bespectacled
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005 11:10:43 AM »

There's a knitalong for this wrap in the knitalong forum... you might wanna check that out to see what others are doing with this pattern Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
le vikki
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005 12:14:01 PM »

Awesome, I'll check out that thread! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starpiste
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005 12:38:18 PM »

I'd love to try this too as a crochet piece. I'm going to read the knitalong thread right now.

I have a few other projects on the go so wouldn't be able to start until mid April though. It's super cute  and would love to make it if I can figure out how to convert the pattern and attach the sleeves. I didn't really understand that either ithnkuno, hopefully the knitalong will help.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

le vikki
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005 10:25:08 PM »

yeah, knitting is not something I can do - i don't have any experience or anyone grandmotherly to teach me! I think crocheting is somewhat easier, anyways? I hope someone can figure out how to covert this wrap to crochet...I'm in love with it, but I'm almost thinking myabe I should go to Value Village, buy three sweaters of the same colour and weight, and just sew them together.

it'd be easier. but not nearly as cool.

hum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LissaL221

I believe in angels!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005 11:49:45 PM »

Hello, just wanted to let you all know that I am working on converting this to crochet.  Of course in the middle of my conversion figuring I had to move suddenly and rather disorganized.  Sooo, my conversion is placed on hold for the moment, but I will get back to it.  Cross your fingers that it goes well and I take good notes. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xoxo
me
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Plastic Bottle Lanterns
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...