A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 314,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
266 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 141
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 25 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 64996 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1270 on: April 29, 2009 02:14:20 PM »

Aw, it's so cute to see everyone's wedding pictures!

I got married in a vintage, 1950s mint green prom dress.  Smiley  I LOVE the dress--it's still hanging in my closet though I keep thinking I need to send it off somewhere to get cleaned and preserved or whatever they do with dresses that are 60 years old.  Anyway, we had the ceremony in our back yard, with paper lanterns and local, seasonal flowers everywhere.  We tried to use Etsy artists as much as possible, too. Smiley

I only know of one picture on the internet from my wedding but it's not easy to get to. If anyone really, really wants to see it, PM me and I'll send you the complex directions!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1271 on: April 29, 2009 02:29:30 PM »

Thanks for the compliments on my wedding. It really was gorgeous. I loved it. It probably wasn't what I would have done if I'd just done it all on my own. Originally I planned on us getting married at the Japanese Gardens in the Botanical Gardens, but it was REALLY hot that day. So we decided to use my grandmother's house because it's sentimental and cool. lol here's a link to the thread, specifically to my post on it, but the thread never the less. https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=53280.msg3419515#msg3419515

I love everyone's pictures. This is a link to my album of candids from my wedding. I didn't want to share it in the wedding thread, but I'll share it with you guys. Smiley
http://picasaweb.google.com/SewMamaLady/CWWeddingPics#

Keep in mind, I've had a baby since then. I always say that babies take lots of food and beauty to make. They'll suck it right out of you. lol Tee, hee...But seriously, I was ridiculously thin (I did a lot of swimming then.) and I'm not now. I'm very average.

I'd love to renew our vows on beach somewhere with my daughter present. Maybe when she's a little older and can really participate. Something with soft cotton dresses and no shoes. No fancy hair dos. That'd be sweet.

ZS - Your professional pictures are lovely!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009 02:45:41 PM by SewMamaLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #1272 on: April 29, 2009 02:46:36 PM »

Ahhh, now this is how you spend an evening after a hard day's work. Perusing through other people's wedding photos. Smiley

Alright, I'll share my favorite photo, too. This was during our vows. We wrote our own and I was crying when Greg said his. Then, about halfway through, he said something along the lines of "I'll always love you even though you adopt dogs that roll in their own poo." Yeah, that's why I married him. He makes me laugh at least once every day.

And, just for fun. This is why I highly recommend red frosting to all brides. Makes for the most awesome kids photos ever.

Link to the rest of the wedding photos for anyone else who's as crazy as I am.
http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=57105416/a=72510551_72510551/t_=72510551
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #1273 on: April 29, 2009 02:55:55 PM »

AQ - Your pictures are beautiful! I love the location of your wedding! How gorgeous! That's a really funny story.

Our J.O.P. that did our ceremony was reading everything entirely wrong. He'd been given everything he was supposed to say. He was messing up everything. He told my dad that he only read it one time. It was really unfortunate, but it didn't matter. It was all about us. He won't be conducting any more of my weddings!  Wink Wink Cheesy j/k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1274 on: April 29, 2009 02:56:21 PM »

Wow - all your wedding photos are beautiful!  Very exciting to be away for a couple days and come back to the thread to see what you guys have been sharing.

We did a very intimate wedding with about 25 guests and that is what you saw in the photos. Pretty traditional (other than it was outdoors and a non-denominational, non-religious ceremony and we didn't have any attendants other than two ring bearers and a flower girl) but absolutely perfect - definitely my dream wedding.

That sounds a lot like mine.  We got married in my in-law's back yard.  25 people including us, plus one dog.  My husband is Jewish, but we went the non-denominational route.  We were married by his cousin who was ordained online and our photographs were done by his other cousin (not a professional photographer, but really good).  He gave me all the raw files to edit, so I had complete creative control over it!  We each have a sibling that did a reading and the ceremony was probably 10 minutes, tops.  Wouldn't have changed a thing!  

We also did a reception a few months later for out-of-town family, which was a blast and everybody had a great time.  We decided to give people a little extra wedding vibe by saving our first dance for the reception.  I'm also thrilled that I got to have 2 different wedding cakes.  Hehe.   Grin

This one is me and the husband, and the other one is Thor the dog in his bowtie!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nesse
« Reply #1275 on: April 29, 2009 04:15:54 PM »

Awww you are all so pretty! If I ever get married (which may not happen cause I'm one of those marriage-haters lol), I'd want something small. at a beach. with sundresses. and tie dye! haha.

Speaking of kids and red frosting... My 3 y/o nephew gave me and his momma a heart attack one day. He was in the kitchen unattended and got into our koolaid stash. RED koolaid. I guess he thought it would be a tasty snack, so he's covered in this red stuff and coughing/throwing up all over the place. Man I thought he was vomiting blood until he showed me the koolaid packet Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #1276 on: April 29, 2009 05:08:03 PM »

Nesse - As a mom, I can't even imagine how horrifying that would be for a split second until you figure out what's happening. I have daily moments of, "Oh what happened!?!" How terrible though! That must have been so disgusting for him. Good thing find some of that Country Time lemonade instead. He would have been in complete sugar overload.
They'll get into whatever they can. Sneaky little things. lol  Cheesy I'm still giggling over the toddler story even though it's terrible. I can't even imagine how freaked out those parents were.

I have a question for you knitters and crocheters. Do any of you have trouble with hand pain? My right wrist pops when I'm crocheting. Not just a few times, but every time I make a stitch. So I haven't been doing anything lately. I feel like it's fibro. related but I don't know, maybe wrists aren't meant to bend that way. I can spin & sew just fine. Knitting doesn't do it so much, but crocheting does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1277 on: April 29, 2009 05:20:38 PM »

@ SewMama - I have tendonitis so I get wrist pain on occasion when knitting and crocheting.  I actually just put a list of things I use to relieve it on Ravelry (pasted below).  These are remedies that work for me but I'm not sure how they work for other people.  It's interesting that you get it when crocheting but not knitting.  Perhaps there's something more exaggerated in your movements when you crochet.   

* If your wrists start feeling at all tired or irritated, put down the needles immediately and go do something else. Id rather be able to pick up the needles the next day than have to take a week off.
    * Go buy wrist supports from your local drug store. I use them on days when my wrists are feeling incredibly weak and painful. Usually I dont have to wear them for more than one day before everything starts feeling better. Add in some heat therapy and Im a happy girl!
    * Support your elbows while youre knitting, which helps take some pressure off your wrists. If I can, I tend to knit with a cushion under my elbows so that I can relax my wrists and forearms.
    * Give yourself a forearm massage. The forearm muscles can get really tense - between knitting, typing and other daily activities. Gently massage your forearm from just below the elbow to around the wrist. Ive found that it can be a big relief.
    * Sometimes I find that heavy, big projects (i.e. a blanket, sweater etc.) cause more strain on my wrists. If you need to take a break, a small project (like a hat) might be a good idea. Ive found that, on the other hand, projects with small dpns (i.e. socks) can stress my wrists because theyre more fiddly.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nesse
« Reply #1278 on: April 29, 2009 05:37:15 PM »

...until he showed me the koolaid packet Roll Eyes

I should have said "...until he tried to HIDE the koolaid packet" lol he is a sneaky little bugger.

* Support your elbows while youre knitting, which helps take some pressure off your wrists. If I can, I tend to knit with a cushion under my elbows so that I can relax my wrists and forearms.

I do this. and it definitely helps to reduce hand cramps.

Fiber question: Can anybody get use out of slightly felted wool? The other day while I way dying rovings, I was being antsy and agitated it too much Sad Can it be salvaged if I card it or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1279 on: April 29, 2009 05:57:47 PM »

I'm loving everyone's wedding pics.  Lapoli, please try to post yours.  Smiley

I guess no one wants to post baby pics of themselves, huh?

Keep in mind, I've had a baby since then. I always say that babies take lots of food and beauty to make. They'll suck it right out of you. lol Tee, hee...But seriously, I was ridiculously thin (I did a lot of swimming then.) and I'm not now. I'm very average.

I'd love to renew our vows on beach somewhere with my daughter present. Maybe when she's a little older and can really participate. Something with soft cotton dresses and no shoes. No fancy hair dos. That'd be sweet.

Yup!  Lana sucked all the goodness outta me!  Smiley

Hehe, had to laugh at the fancy hair dos part.  Ptarmic sewed the flower girl dresses for my sis' wedding and Lana looked lovely.  The other little gal's mom took her to the hairdressers and had her hair put up with lots of curls and hairspray.  She looked a little Jon Benet to me.  I do tend to like simple, especially for children.  They are naturally beautiful in their innocence and I like it that way.

Love the image of your nephew Nesse.  Must have been scary.

I'm busy crafting away for the next round.  I have something really cool to offer for everyone that plans to see the movie UP.  You must buy this item.  Really you must.  I got the supplies to make one for Lana because she wants to see it again and having this item will make it even more perfect.  Curious?  Hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 141 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Movable Purple People Eater ATC
Fresh Faces of Halloween
Meatless Monday: The Un-Meatball

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...