A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
201 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Friends of Craftster Raffle Swap (FOCR) R5 SIGNUPS CLOSED SENDOUTS 5/6  (Read 43768 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2009 06:42:56 PM »

The needle book and tape measure are SUPER cute!!  I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2009 06:47:47 PM »

Adorable offering, goldfish Smiley  I cut out the pieces for my item today, hope to assemble it over the next few days or hopefully by Sunday when I am off again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
goldfishpollywog
Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2009 06:49:54 PM »

Thanks ya'll!  I modified the pattern from one in Quilts & More.  My blanket-stitch is a tad wonky, but okay I think. Undecided  The rose pattern was in a craft book I have from the 70's that I was flipping through on April 1st because of all the shag & macrame! Although theirs was a pillow. Super simple Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuFishSD on Reddit

AuFish on Tumblr
Feel free to find me and pm me about crafty goodness
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2009 08:51:55 AM »

Wow! I really would love to get that! It's beautiful. Love the tape measure cover. I haven't thought of that before...and I've always thought my tape measure was ugly. hmmm...maybe I'll have to make a cover like that if I don't get this in the raffle.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myklia
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2009 08:00:43 PM »

So I am not too sure what to do.  This is the progress on my first scarf so far:

*Deleted pics as they no longer apply*

The pink is Wintuk yarn, which I now realize could almost give Red Heart a run for their money on icky texture.  Now I have already experienced with Red Heart, that it will soften up nicely in the wash.  Does anyone know if the same is true with Wintuk (I realize this yarn is no longer available, I don't think). 

I hesitate to frog it, but as it is right now, I wouldn't wear it, let alone give it to someone.  My thoughts are to either frog it or put it on a stitch holder to finish later and start a new scarf, with known soft texture yarns, for this swap.  On the other hand, I don't know why I would want to finish it, what would I do with it?

Anyways, opinions welcome.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009 06:25:19 PM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2009 08:06:07 PM »

Just an update, I think I'm not going to be able to participate.  But I'll be stalking the thread to see what else gets offered up!  Beautiful stuff so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2009 09:51:01 PM »

So I am not too sure what to do.  This is the progress on my first scarf so far:

A close up:

The pink is Wintuk yarn, which I now realize could almost give Red Heart a run for their money on icky texture.  Now I have already experienced with Red Heart, that it will soften up nicely in the wash.  Does anyone know if the same is true with Wintuk (I realize this yarn is no longer available, I don't think). 

I hesitate to frog it, but as it is right now, I wouldn't wear it, let alone give it to someone.  My thoughts are to either frog it or put it on a stitch holder to finish later and start a new scarf, with known soft texture yarns, for this swap.  On the other hand, I don't know why I would want to finish it, what would I do with it?

I've never heard of Wintuk yarn, so I cannot advise as to whether it will soften up.  But I have to say I really like the stitch you are using - very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2009 11:12:55 PM »

If you are going to start a new scarf you could finish it off where it is for a dolly blanket to give to a little girl.  Little girls always love dolly blankets no matter what shape or size they are. They make them work.  Wink

Edit to add, I'm not sure if it would soften up either.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009 11:15:06 PM by SugarySweet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeltreats
« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2009 03:03:15 AM »

Just an update, I think I'm not going to be able to participate.  But I'll be stalking the thread to see what else gets offered up!  Beautiful stuff so far!

I think I'm the same - I've just become really overloaded with work again and my exams are VERY soon Sad

But I am also going to be stalking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2009 04:57:48 AM »

Dang, really bums me out to hear people actually say they are not going to be joining  Embarrassed

I have no experience with yarn AT ALL, maybe finish it up and see how it looks when complete and go from there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♥ Zoe ♥

STS Spring Market 2019
PINTEREST
Will personal swap for a crochet or knitted Totoro teapot cozy (see my Pinterest YARN board!)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 49 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...