A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
152 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap Round 10  (Read 18862 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
pertelot
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009 03:16:34 PM »

here's my MYB from fusbdgt! I loved all the flowers sticking out when I opened the box!

so I had started unwinding and rewinding into a ball right away....then I got impatient.... pretty yarn though!

8 of the fabric flowers (so awesome theyr already on my desk), a thing of glow sticks, two magnetic note pads, a thing of raspberry lip gloss, a smiley face car magnet, two bracelets, a pair of earrings, a cool green square which I believe is a pin cushion, and a pack of awesome teal cards with envelopes!

a close up on the two bracelets... they are both so pretty I can't decide which to wear!

and the earrings... I even managed to take a picture with the macro setting on my camera now that i found it... I love the earrings and plan on wearing them for quite some time  Cheesy

Thanks so much fusbgt everything was awesome and I can't wait to start on my pattern!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlookyloo1
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2009 03:31:28 PM »

this is all the goodies that I got from spencerTwins2007 I love the rice bag and all of the beads thank you

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
fusbdgt
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2009 08:32:39 PM »

I managed to wrangle my MYB from the PO today! 

here it is straight outta the box, what fabulous yarn I just want to pet it. And I love the pattern, I can't wait to get started.

a skinny scarf, a knit washcloth, so purple fabric Cheesy, lots of doo dads, little whimsies, buttons, yoyo's, beads, it's all great, also the box which now houses all the fun little things from my myb except the beads that I'm about to put to good use, also....

a beautifully quilted knitting needle roll!! It's wonderful, and there was a pair of needles in it to, so that I can practice my knitting, thank you so much pertelot.

The green thing is a pin cushion.  Seems that your camera is behaving better than my so if you have better pics of anything, feel free to post them please Smiley.  Thanks again. Loved it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rumpazel
Craft Addict

Illuuuuuuuusion

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2009 05:15:11 AM »

Sugaree - I am so glad you liked everything.  I know you wanted sugar skulls and I tried to please.  And I am psyched about the stamp too.  I am glad you liked the record bowl after researching your style.  Besides, anyone who is in our age group would have to love Tiffany.  Smiley  And I'm glad you like the picture.  I'm sorta an ammateur photographer (I've even done a wedding) and landscapes and bodies of water are my favorite.  Oh...and thanks for the whole hnk you marquee - way to make a gal feel important.  Smiley

To everyone who wants a record bowl...go get an old record and try to make one.  It won't come oout perfect the first time, but it is so fun that you don't mind reheating it until you get it right.  I liked it so much now I need one.  Smiley

Okay...off to stare out the window like a forlorn dog waiting for its owners to come home since I know my box should be getting here today.  I can't wait to see what my fabulous swap partner sent.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps...and kittens...and rocks.  Weird huh?
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2009 11:29:44 AM »

Heres the ball I got from DesignVigilante..

I got 2 awesome patterns for wrist warmers and a bunch of goodies..including some food items that before I got my camera out was eaten by the boys in my house(easy to blame them,right  Wink)

THANKS DESIGN!!! you are an awesome partner..

*ETA:

this box contained some stuff-notebook and pen..

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009 11:22:07 AM by smittenheart - Reason: add a photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
Dolly Mixx
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2009 07:13:32 AM »

Can I just start by flat out saying that SarahJ2001 is the best partner anyone could ask for? She sent me the most amazing package, which arrived today, and i am so stunned and totally oerwhelmed by it.

Firstly, I got an amazing pattern for a cupcake scarf, which i adore and can't wait to try out.

Inside the box were 2 MYBs! One for each colour of the cupcakes... This already amazed me..but when i unwound it a little way and found ....

another myb...

and then another, i was even more stunned.

Now for the contents of the 4! (eek!) mybs...

my fav items, a cable knit bag, based on one from my wists, which i love so much. I was just thinking yesterday how i don't have enough nice bags..

Matryoshka dolls, in an amazing strawberry pattern! I love wooden dolls, of any kind, so these are very very appreciated, and are standing proudly with my doll collection! (these were found inside the white and rainbow yarn, with each doll wrapped up and then put inside the other!

A pair of cupcake bon bon dishes, which I aodre!  I love cupcake related things, as my partner obviously found out!

More cupcake things! 2 crochet decorated trinket boxes, filled with chocolate!

Not one, but 4 cupcake bears! <3 (these have joined my collection of other cupcake bears!)

An assortment of random bits and bobs, including a choc bar( my fav!), cupcake pins, and a stamp set.

A cupcake bath bomb! This did get slightly crushed, so I won't take it out of it's packaging until I use it, but I have always wanted one!

A Wreck This Journal (seriously, how did you know I wanted one!?!?!) which i love, and have already started to destroy!

And a lovely ice cream vase thingy! (it did get slightly cracked in the journey, but it has kept together!

Now I feel really awful because my package in no way compares to this:( Please forgive me:(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rumpazel
Craft Addict

Illuuuuuuuusion

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2009 07:19:50 AM »

Okay...for starters, I apologize for so many pics, but everything was so awesome.  Smiley  And I thought about thumbnails, but I really wanted everyone to see everything and I know I don't like clicking to see the bigger pic.   Undecided

So...this is everything (including my cat who seemed quite interested in the entire package....I wonder why...):

There was chocolate (the blueberry and nut stuff was super yummy).  How did she know that I love Cadbury Cream Eggs and hadn't had any this season....?

That wasn't all of...some of it got...um...misplaced....

Misplaced in my tummy that is.   Wink
There was some store bought stuff...

The ice cream cone is chocolate scented bubbles, some Burt's Bees stuff (I love that chapstick...as I said when I sent the same one to her  Wink), buttons, stickers, a grow your own lizard in an egg (how cool is that?!), a yummy scented candle, a cat key cozy. and the best lip gloss ever.  Hopefully, Sugaree will tell me where she got it so I can get more when it runs out because I am so smitten with it.
Now for the handmades...

Two caloriometrys, a lovely headscarf (which looks awesome on), a little bow clip, a bookmark, some wine charms....

See how cute they are!
And....

Some ornaments...there was even one full of catnip for my kitty (the one with the bee).  I guess that's why he was so into the box..

See...I couldn't even get a good picture because he was in such a flurry...
No wait...still more...

Little lollipop magnets that will look awesome mixed in with my bfs meat magnets...And...

A headband (from my ravelry favs) and some knit bangles...Sugaree, I'll beg you for the pattern.  I haven't taken them off yet.
And...

A pin cushion with the most amazing little pins...

See!  And...

I teach science and love rock.  This was so perfect.  I squeed when I saw it in the box.  Smiley
And here's the yarn...

I love it.  It is soft an deliocious and the color is one I would have picked out for myself.  It is perfect...and sugaree made me a little travel card to with my pattern on it so I don't have to worry about carting around a big old pattern with me.  Smiley
So here is a slightly artsy pic of almost everything (I liked the light).  Some of the items have already found new homes.  Smiley

I LOVE EVERYTHING!  THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH SUGAREE!!!!  YOU ARE THE GREATEST!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009 07:33:43 AM by Rumpazel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps...and kittens...and rocks.  Weird huh?
javede
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2009 07:35:32 AM »

I picked up a fantabulous MYB from DButtons at the post office today! Totally worth waiting 15 minutes in line...anybody know why it was so full today of all days, on a regular working day at 1pm at the post office?
Anyway, I went straight home to begin unraveling the yarn and because I tried to loosely rewind the yummy yarn at the same time it took me around 30 minutes to get the last of the goodies!
This greeted me when I opened the package:

It is some wonderfully pink 100% wool yarn (Viking Naturgarn) with a pattern for clogs that sounds so much more fun than the clog pattern I tried last year(beautifull clogs, but row to row instructions suck! Only one clog finished). I will definately be able to finish these though, sounds like a good traveling project!
After unraveling I took this picture:

So much fun things and Dbuttons and I were thinking along the same lines as she included the odd ribbons and buttons too  Cheesy
There are appliques, wood letters forming my name(or ninja Cool), a stamp and black pad, a zippered bag with needle felted accents(and a big "J" on the other side), a knit wash cloth(atleast that is what I think it is?), some green tree things(my mum said maybe they are for button holes?).
Also a needle felted sheep, so cute!

Any probably my new most favorit brooch:

Thanks for a fun swap Dbuttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
sarahj2001
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2009 09:57:12 AM »

Dolly Mixx, I'm glad you liked everything.  I had a bad feeling that ice cream cone thing was going to get broke...it was the thing that was causing the box not to close perfectly.  I figured I'd rather have it break then the dolls....so I packed them real well.  I'm glad you really like the purse...it turned out much bigger than I was imaging it to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2009 12:55:18 PM »

Everyone is getting such great stuff!  I love that pink cable bag, and all the cupcake goodies, and just everything!  I have been stalking my package from Canada, and it is now in my country so it should be here within a few days or so!  I'm all twitchy with excitement!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Backpack For Your Dog
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...