A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,832
Currently Running With Scissors:
240 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beading my own watch band  (Read 909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

pixiestixchick65

"I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek."

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2005 11:24:42 AM »

I've noticed several threads surrounding watches, but I haven't really found anything regarding beading bands for a simple watch-face.  I bought a very basic round watch-face at Michael's the other day, and I want to bead a watch band for it, but I don't really have any ideas for a band design.  I want something kinda funky and cute without being too loud or old-fogey-ish, if that makes any sense.  I've looked at various bracelet patterns, but none have really inspired me.  Has anyone else out there beaded their own watchband?  Please post pictures or ideas; I'll try to post a picture of my watch-face soon.

I can't find the exact face, but it's almost identical to this one:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005 11:33:45 AM by pixiestixchick65 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ciao xox
HardCandy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005 12:00:03 PM »

i saw a watch the other day with a safety-pin band with beads on the pins. if that's a possibility..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emskyrooney
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005 01:13:20 PM »

My mom bought me a watch similar to that for my birthday.  It's a watch face with jump rings on it so you can attach different bands to it.  The band that came with it is just 4 or 5 strands of black seed beeds, sort of twisted together, with lobster clasps on each end to attach to the watchface.  It wears more like a bracelet than a watch. I keep meaning to make myself some more bands out of other colors and styles to go with it- maybe I'll do some tonight!  I'm thinking I might actually just repurpose some bracelets I have as I can't leave the house without a watch and don't like to wear a watch and a bracelet at the same time....

If you come up with anything please post a pic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life:  It goes on"- Robert Frost
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...