A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
210 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Proud to be a Christian Swap; Gallery of Goodness!!  (Read 16898 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Kimberly_Star
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009 06:56:19 AM »

***ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE***

Hello, everyone!  Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes during my illness.  I'm not 100% yet, but I am back at the office and just keeping it low-key for the next few days.  I will be sending my package to MsMia ASAP, but still have a few final touches to make before I can.

I have done my best to get caught up with the updating, so please check the first post of the gallery thread to make sure I've gotten it right.  Please PM me if I haven't.  There are 3 that I have not heard from regarding sending out, so I will give you until Monday, April 13 to contact myself or gkswife before I start the call for swap angels.

Please don't forget to PM me when you have received.  If you receive and don't tell me, your partner's status will remain unchanged until you let me know.

***ORGANIZATIONAL NOTE***
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009 10:39:06 AM »

Grin I got my totally awesome package from Nataluna:

She said she was going to up-cycle some T-shirts and they turned out so neat. I love the graphic on turtle pillow & the the hand print pillow has one of my favorite "reasons for homeschooling" verses Proverbs 22:6 "Raise up your child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it."  I may have to share the cool turtle wrist cuff with my kids. I adore the buttony pouch and it was filled with decaf chai which is total serendipity. I couldn't sleep last night because I was drinking regular chai tea all day. Today is another gloomy day but now I can drink my tea all day and know I can still be able to sleep tonight.

And the all the little goodies: two Hello Kitty containers stuffed with all kinds of cool charms, including a beautiful jointed fish that wiggles and a sweet enamel vintage mirror, I love, love the little birds.
I am blown away by your generosity and adore every single thing, and it all arrived on DH's & my 14th Anniversary!   
Thank You  Thank You Thank you Thank you Thank You Thank You
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009 11:09:01 AM »

Kimberly:  Thinking and praying for you girl.  Don't push yourself too much even though you are back at work!!!  *hugs*

Great package.  Love the turtle!!!  So adorable.  And I looked at the other pillow and thought....man that looks familiar, where have I seen it before.  LOL  Now I know I have seen a tshirt with that on it.  What a great idea.  I have several of hubby's Christian tshirts that are well....wearing thin, and I want to retire, but he is begging me not too.  LOL  I am going to steal them and make them into a tshirt quilt............lap size.  I hope he likes it and isn't too upset that I am going to be cutting them up.  It is going to be a suprise, so I will do all of this while he is gone and have to hide it, etc.

missgabbielynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kimberly_Star
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009 11:19:12 AM »

Thanks, missgabbielynn!  I'm probably going to check out early this afternoon so I can get some more rest.

What beautiful packages so far!

I love that turtle and what a great idea for using old/surplus tshirts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009 11:21:25 AM »

You did get spoiled!  I love the turtle.

I, however, also got spoiled by missgabbielynn
She sent two packages and of course the post office separated them.   Tongue  I got the second one today and it was worth the wait.  I love everything so much.  Thank you thank you thank you
On with the pictures:

The photo does not do justice to the colors of the stones.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  It jingles a little on my wrist, which I love.

Shocked    I think this is too cool for words.  Hee Hee, Not Elvis.  It's a book binding so it stands up on it's own.  And she decorated it with this gorgeous paper - which by the way are about the colors my living room is going to be when we finish!  When I showed to the hubster he said " that is so cool!"  I couldn't agree more.

Then this beautiful journal.  It's bound and has a complimentary paper on the inside.  I love the delicate ribbon.  I can't wait to start messing it up with my ramblings!   Cheesy

If I had to choose, I think I would say this is my favorite craft.  I love this quote from St. Francis and it's so pretty with the ribbon and the frame.  It immediately went up in the hall so I could see it all day! 

The background is placemats she sent me, too.  They are so pretty and look sooooo much better than the plastic dollar store ones I had!  Cheesy

I love everything much.  I'm so proud of everything I received and I can't wait to show it off (more than I already of course!)

Thank you for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
missgabbielynn

Dance like no one is watching!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009 11:52:48 AM »

KCMonkey:   So glad you loved eveyrthing, now in case I didn't write it in my note, I did not make the jewelry....I bought it.  But aren't those beads gorgeous.  I almost kept it. LOL

Glad you liked everything and that the shelf art will match (eventually) your living room.  LOL  (NOT ELVIS.....I crack myself up!!!  LOL)

So glad you liked the cross stitch even after I goofed. LOL  Change the ribbon if you want.  I saw on your wist you liked the phrase.  on a tshirt, and I love the phrase as well....so there ya go.

Yeah....swap anxiety is over!!  Now I can breath again.  LOL

missgabbielynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Munora
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009 11:53:14 AM »

Very nice packages. I love the bracelet. The little button pouch from the other package is cute too. I would have gone crazy sewing on all those buttons. Not one of my favorite things to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009 12:16:01 PM »

@ yelutci:
happy anniversary!!

whew i am glad that nothing was damaged in The Great Squishing of Monday Afternoon.  seriously it was like a sport, i was sweating in the PO trying to fit all that stuff into those goofy flat boxes now that they don't sell big cubical boxes there anymore.  who knew?!

and glad you have fun with the "destashing extras" (^_^)

The JudeoChristian (or should that be Messianic?) Tortoise was my first stuffy made as an adult with a sewing machine.  hence his wonkyness.  he was worse until i took off his head and put it back in better.

oh and the back of the proverbs pillow is john 3:16 in hebrew.  sorry i could not figure out how to fasten it in a civilized manner, because i don't know how to make button holes yet.  (#>_<#)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009 12:19:24 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009 12:17:49 PM »

@ missgabbielynn : the idea of that st francis quote is so clever (and true).  that would be my husband's saint, as his middle name is Francisco, plus he likes to be kind to animals.

The little button pouch from the other package is cute too. I would have gone crazy sewing on all those buttons. Not one of my favorite things to do.

thank you, but i feel ashamed that i did not do the other side.  thing was, i had too many ideas after seeing yelutci's wists and hearing about her kids and menagerie... and i did not find the time to make both sides buttony.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009 12:29:50 PM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009 12:50:15 PM »

That cross stitch is great- I love the ribbon accent. Nataluna, thank you for the translation of the Hebrew. My girls claimed the Hello Kitty containers and are making a show with the little anime girl charms.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...