A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
159 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: richmond (near vancouver) CHEAP QUALITY RE-MENT &A SHOP THAT SELLS BLYTHES!  (Read 7157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

sugarglass
currently trying to change me

Join the dark side; we have cookies!

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2009 04:47:15 PM »

any one here live in Richmond??? you know its in greater Vancouver? cuz i have something that will please even the most grumpy of craftsters.
you know what re ment is right? it's when Japanese companies take everyday objects and turn them miniature (plastic) http://www.re-mentusa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=209&Itemid=1
so anyways.. you know how a box of re-ment items can cost about 6 dollars in japan and and 24 dollars online (NOT including shipping)
so my mom and i were at Aberdeen mall and we went into the store "gacha gacha hobbies and toys and there was rement for 4 or 5 or six dollars (depends on size) and i bought some then we were wandering around REALLY REALLY close to that shop and we went into a shop called mini shack its close to the  gacha gacha hobbies and toys shop so you should be able to see it .... it also had re ment (it had a bigger collection cuz the whole store was devoted to re-ment while the other one was only a section!!!!!)it also cost 4, 5 or six dollars
it was on the third floor
so i just thought I'd let you know cuz i know how much re-ment usually costs and.......

there's a store that sells blythes, petite blythes and blythe clothing.... i have no idea what the name is but in the front window they have a huge display of blythes and pictures of blythes and blythe owner's contests!!!!

i just found this stuff out today cuz its the first time i went only with my mom and the first time i knew about blythes and re ment (i haven't been there in SOOOOO long) if i go with my older sister she has no patience to let me go in those stores!!!!

---------edits in red-----------
also just to add the mini shack shop had a blythe inside displaying some re ment so don't confuse it with the blythe shop!!!!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2009 06:51:15 PM by luvelycritter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
i'm not the same anymore, and frankly, i'm beginning to hate myself
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009 05:18:37 PM »

even more reasons to go to aberdeen centre! (i loooove daiso!)

it looks like the store is called gacha gacha hobbies and toys, and the other store was mini shack.

they're both on the 3rd floor, which used to be pretty empty other than the food court. i haven't checked up there in ages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009 06:39:21 PM »

yep! and there's a store that sells blythes, petite blythes and blythe clothing.... i have no idea what the name is but in the front window they have a huge display of blythes and pictures of blythes and blythe owner's contests!!!!

i just found this stuff out today cuz its the first time i went only with my mom and the first time i knew about blythes and re ment (i haven't been there in SOOOOO long) if i go with my older sister she has no patience to let me go in those stores!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
craftydame

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009 07:39:25 PM »

oh, that's awesome. there used to be a store in yohan that sold blythes, on the 2nd level by the awesome book store and the craft store, but it was gone the last time i went. i'm glad there's one in aberdeen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009 09:54:40 AM »

no idea where yo hann is whats so ever..... Grin but apperantly they built and added some shops that weren't there before cuz now the third floor is awsome
i dare you to go to daiso.... i went and bought half of my dad's birthday present. its a note book in the shape of a folded men's collared shirt! it has buttons and stripes and everything.... there's also this delicous candy i buy in there that tasted exactly like cotton candy but lasts longer. yum!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
craftydame

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009 11:20:30 AM »

yohan is the mall beside aberdeen centre. there's a big T&T market on the main floor, and a craft store and a great bookstore upstairs. the bookstore has a really large selection of japanese craft books.

i always spend way too much at daiso, all the $2 items add up fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009 12:07:14 PM »

hmm..... maybe i'll convince my mom to take me there..... wait (talking to her)....................... she said if want to go she'll take me sometime soon! (today?) *pops cotton candy flavored candy in mouth* yay!!!! i love everything Japanese their crafty & cute sense fits me perfectly!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
onelastminuet
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009 01:17:11 PM »

I went to see Blythe (first time in person!) a few months back and I nearly cried at the prices for them! When I went, they had a few Prima Dollies and a Frosty Frock for a -lot- more than they are online... But factoring in currency conversions and shipping, it's probably realistic (which makes me sad).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michelle
http://imaginarysunshine.com - personal blog
http://chelle-chelle.com - crafts blog/site
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009 04:19:53 PM »

thats toooooo bad! Sad Sad Sad Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
sugarglass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009 05:42:46 PM »

yar.... daiso rulz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Welcome Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...