A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THEY ARE TOO LITTLE  (Read 2340 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ablashmit
« on: March 07, 2009 01:27:21 PM »

I bought these awsomely cute heels. I try on the display at the store and they fit so perfect I melted. I get home to get ready for the night and put the other on. It is to tight. Maybe my feet are different sizes, who knows. I cannot return them because they were on sale and supper cheap and the very last pair.

How can i reconstruct the backs to make them a little looser. All i need is like .25 of a bigger size. I need a back because i cannot walk in backless shoes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phlizz
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009 03:38:05 PM »

I know this is a really dull answer lol but have you trid taking them to the cobbler and getting them stretched? If the size really is only a small difference then they should be able to help you.

Phlizz
xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
N30Nb100d
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009 04:06:29 PM »

what material are the shoes made out of? you may be able to stretch them yourself. Do they have a closed toe? If so, take some newspaper (or something similar) and stuff some tightly in the toe. Make a ball to put in the heel too to protect it, then take something that you can fit between the two balls of newspaper tightly (like a ruler, piece of dowel, marker, anything really that is stiff and the right length) and carefully fit it into the shoe. Leave it like that for a while and the shoe should reshape. I hope that makes sense.
I know people who have done this and it works to loosen the shoe up some if the size difference is small enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soorawn
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009 04:43:56 AM »

Yes, the newspaper thing really works.  You could use a form to stretch the shoe, but not many people have one in their homes these days.  Don't panic, you needn't reconstruct anything.  Apart from one foot possibly being ever so slightly bigger than the other, which is perfectly normal, the shoe on display was probably tried on by a bunch of people, adding to the comfort.  So try the newspaper trick and you'll soon feel fine in those shoes.  (I have always used slightly humid newspaper or tracing paper for that.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
frankeknitter
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010 06:25:54 PM »

buy a shoe stretcher from walmart its like $6 and then you can buy any cute shoes even if they're too small
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinkweeds
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010 04:15:34 PM »

fill a couple zip lock bags with water- place them inside the shoe- place in freezer and it should stretch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check my blog for tutorials and more things I make!

http://la-bouilloire-noire.blogspot.com/
Alexus1325
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010 02:32:19 PM »

What Pinkweeds said. I saw a video tute on YouTube and it totally works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
April 24, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...