A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,563
Currently Running With Scissors:
106 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ways to incorporate a Safety Pin  (Read 2300 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
VoodooToaster
« on: March 23, 2005 08:08:35 AM »

Now, this sounds ridiculous, but bear with me...

We were thinking about including some sort of card or something that tells the story of how my guy and I met, as many don't know.  He grew up in Massachusetts, me near Chicago.  We met when his band was touring and played a house show I was invited to by the guy I was sort of seeing at the time.  Well, that guy completely ignored me and I talked to Jesse all night.  Before he left, he took a safety pin off of his jacket and put it on the collar of my shirt to let me know I hadn't imagined our encounter.  =)

Can anyone think of a cute way to include a safety pin/story with a favor or something for all the guests?  I'd write the story out better, of course.  I guess I could just pin a safety pin to a little print-out of the story, but I'm looking for any other ideas.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhythmgrl
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005 08:12:48 AM »

have you already sent out the invites?  a great invite or announcement would be a heavier card with the wedding info printed on a vellum paper and attach the two together with a safety pin (the cutesy ones are usually done with a ribbon)  hopefully that makes sense.

or name cards for seating arrangements done in the same way.  dunno!

it's a great story!!  best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005 08:35:39 AM »

What a cute story!!   

What about something where you take a safety pin & use a jump ring to attche alittle charm to it?  A heart?  music note? or what ever works for you guys....  then the safety pin can be attached to the seatting cards or programs what not. Would be cute to see what people do with them. If I got that i'd slip it on my purse strap or something.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
VoodooToaster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005 08:49:35 AM »

Hmm, the charm idea is cute, that definitely dresses it up a bit. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005 08:59:41 AM »

OOH or even an eye pin with a few seed beads in your colors.   & attach it to the coiled, circle part of the safety pin. 

**   Are you attaching "THE Safety Pin" to your dress as your something old??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VoodooToaster
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005 09:12:24 AM »

How did you know?  =)  Yes, THE safety pin will be on my person when we tie the knot.  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005 09:49:20 AM »

i always like those tiny brass aftey pins that come with new clothes sometimes. . .manufacturers use  a length of string tied to the pin to attach extra buttons, beads, what-have-you to the garment.  same thing could be done with favors or seating cards.  a length of thin, shimmery organza ribbon tied on on end to the safety pin and to a card or gift on the other.  if you wanted, you could then pin all the seating cards or favors to a pretty fabric board, clothesline, etc.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005 09:52:13 AM »

For a neat little wedding gift/table token/bombidere you could do little wine charms with a heart bead and maybe a little silver safety pin? It's useful and memorable Smiley Oh and congrats Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
DIYORRIP
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005 12:33:41 PM »

You could make little Safety Pin Bracelets and give them as party favors and attatch it to a card saying:Wil you be next?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...