A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
320 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft My Theme 3 Gallery  (Read 19927 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
spectrumsparksie
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2009 12:08:51 AM »

Well sadly my partner flaked on me, and I am super bummed coz I sent her some good stuff that I would have liked to keep for myself.
But happily the lovely and kind crazyda stepped in to angel for me, and she captured me perfectly. 
She selected from a range of my themes:
A gorgeous tote with a puppy that looks just like my Nazzy. (sweet dreams theme)
Some hand painted slippers which I already put on my cold tootsies this morning.  They say "warm up to a good book. (multi themed, good call crazyda sweet dreams theme, reading theme, brrr its cold theme)
A gorgeous embroidered scarf (brrrr its cold)
Some lovely lavender lotion (my favourite scent, mmmm you smell good theme)
And a cute book light which will be perfect when I am re-reading the twilight series (again!) so I don't bug my hubby too much (reading theme)
Heres a pic of the booty;

thanks again crazyda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2009 04:24:29 AM »

Nice package.  I love the scarf.  Unless something catastrophic happens in a persons life, I just can't wrap my mind around flakers.  Even then, you'd think they could let someone know what's happening.  Of course; the way my mind works, I'd be convincing myself that my flakey partner was lying in a coma somewhere because why else would they just disappear?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2009 07:36:02 AM »

Yeah I don't get flaking either.

I mean stuff can happen, but when the flakers keep logging on to Craftster but don't rear their head in the swap I get a bit peeved. If I ever flaked for some reason I would at least say I got my package and post some pics. I am a little sad that I got flaked on because I put alot of effort into my package, and I also feel a bit guilty about having someone angel for me.

Ah well, I guess we all know this can happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2009 02:45:15 PM »

Flakers suck. I've been flaked on three times actually. And I only have 6 completed and 3 in progress swaps. However, my angel packages have all been superb. What made me most sad was spending the time, and in one case money, and it just sort of vanishes. And I always forget to take pics first. Like for this swap I made my partner a puppet that was wearing a t-shirt that said "I heart bacon". He was so cute, I hope she enjoys him anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
schnerby
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2009 08:46:58 PM »

Yeah, I forgot to take pics too - sadness.

I crafted some of her stuff in Australia and brought it with me when I moved countries (during the crafting time) so I did go to a fair bit of effort.

Well I guess I should just send it with my crafty best wishes and hope it makes someone happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2009 10:32:12 AM »

After having been flaked on by my original partner; I received the most wonderfully crafted package of awesomeness today Grin from my angel bronzfrog! I'm so thankful and impressed by her generosity and thoughtfulness. Her attention to theme and detail is amazing -everything is in my favorite colors. The bags are beautiful and so well made, love the pockets in the big one, too. I adore!!! the lilac needle role. The yarn magnets and the scrabble stitch markers that spell out knit & purl are so clever. The yarn-pirate-bottle-cap earrings rock. And I just love the "K" and little girl knitting pendants.

Thank you for each and every thing I really do love it all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009 11:10:16 AM by yelutci - Reason: adding pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
crazyda79
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2009 12:25:11 PM »

The needle roll is so beautiful!! What a sweet angel package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
Check out my new adventure Jamberry
schnerby
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2009 09:49:44 AM »

Ok, I recieved an amazing angel package from rhymesworange. My first angel flaked, so that's why this post comes so much later than the swap. My new angel is an angel and a half - she spoiled me, and I really love everything she sent.

Thank you, rhymesworange!

On to the amazingness...

But first, my theme was secret compartments. Since they are a secret, you must not tell. Shhhhhhhhh!  Wink

(scroll down if you are willing to keep the secret)  Lips sealed

Everything was wrapped up with tissue and ribbon. So pretty, but my excitement just allowed me to undo it gently. Just...
The crochet budgie (I have a real one) has a secret compartment under his wing. Lifted straight off my wists and made better by adding the secret compartment (where I found a note).

This little egg has a bird inside its compartment. Like a crochet popples. Too cool!

These notecards also come with a secret compartment. I think they are for top secret notes. Shhhhhh!  Wink

I live in a snowy climate and don't own a single scarf. Silly, right? Well now I own one with a secret compartment sewn into the neck (scarf ably modelled by my Mum). Also, I love that someone handmade this for me. I am a beginner crochetter, so I admire her skills.

(look, Mum - no black nail polish. For once. I had taken it off and hadn't repainted yet)

She really took to the theme and made me some amazing things. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2009 12:30:19 PM »

So glad you like your package schnerby!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
Megzy818

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2009 03:10:15 PM »

great package, i love all the secret compartments Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...