A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Daydreaming Mermaid Quilt (now with process pics on page 8)  (Read 34281 times)
Tags for this thread: mermaid , quilt , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Mobi Dick
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009 06:34:47 AM »

A real masterpiece!  Shocked

Monica
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meggy_love

Call it aftermath, she's turning blue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2009 08:41:43 PM »

amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna be the girl with most cake
SciFunk
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2009 03:25:55 PM »

My god, that's amazing! I'm not usually one for quilts/quilted art, but I loooove this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2009 02:50:36 PM »

This is insanely good!  Wow, I'm totally blown away.  Excellent job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fire
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2009 08:07:09 PM »

hello fellow kiwi!!
this is amazing!
where in NZ are you and where do you get your quilting supplies? i'm about to attempt my first quilt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patchyemm
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2009 02:50:45 PM »

Ooh, sorry I hadn't posted a comment earlier about how it did in that comp (in case anyone is still interested...  Smiley )  It didn't even get selected to travel around the country (18 out of the 40 quilts submitted got to travel), which I was REALLY disappointed about.  The feedback from the judges was very brief but they did say that they thought the rocks gave rather hard lines.  I do think I could've done a better job on assembling and quilting the rocks but I didn't allow myself enough time really.  And I don't think they detract from the overall effect.  Ah well, each to their own.  Anyway, she's up on my wall in my sewing room and I'm really enjoying looking at her - which has got to be the point eh? :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bebedechocolate
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2009 08:37:02 AM »

This is amazing. it is truly a work of art.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap!  I can sew, knit, and crochet.  I have a 9 year old who loves to do swaps as well so we can do a mommy/daughter swap package. Smiley
ritapizza
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2009 09:29:23 AM »

So gorgeous! You're such an artist! It's such a beautiful and serene composition and all that tiny patchwork is amazing! Wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2009 08:20:44 AM »

This is amazing and beautiful! I like the effects of the rocks, personally. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2009 08:11:12 PM »

Ooh, sorry I hadn't posted a comment earlier about how it did in that comp (in case anyone is still interested...  Smiley )  It didn't even get selected to travel around the country (18 out of the 40 quilts submitted got to travel), which I was REALLY disappointed about.  The feedback from the judges was very brief but they did say that they thought the rocks gave rather hard lines.  I do think I could've done a better job on assembling and quilting the rocks but I didn't allow myself enough time really.  And I don't think they detract from the overall effect.  Ah well, each to their own.  Anyway, she's up on my wall in my sewing room and I'm really enjoying looking at her - which has got to be the point eh? :-)

What a bummer! I am just in love with this quilt! And, hard lines from the rocks? Well, duh! Seems like the perfect effect you'd like a rock to have, especially on a soft thing like a quilt. I think it just emphasizes the curves of the mermaid and the flow of the water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...