A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
151 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby Memory Book Topic Ideas  (Read 2374 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

chrisilstrup
« on: February 26, 2009 03:26:16 PM »

My son is seven weeks old and I need to get cracking on his memory book. I have a scrapbook and all the supplies. What I need is the topics/ideas.

What kind of stuff should I put in there? I know the standard type stuff (all the stats, early photos, footprints). What else should I include?!

First giggle? First poo? Most sleepless night?

I need ideas before I forget.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudy.day
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009 05:53:53 PM »

My son is seven weeks old and I need to get cracking on his memory book. I have a scrapbook and all the supplies. What I need is the topics/ideas.

What kind of stuff should I put in there? I know the standard type stuff (all the stats, early photos, footprints). What else should I include?!

First giggle? First poo? Most sleepless night?

I need ideas before I forget.

Thanks!

Are you keeping a journal as well? My mom kept a journal of things I/we did, her feelings about me and motherhood, etc. To this day, I still like to dig it out occasionally and read through it. I hate she only kept it until I was 4.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
natasha38

Facebook farming stole my soul

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009 03:17:22 PM »

This may not be the exact type of answer you were looking for.  But with my son, I kept a calendar (just one of the two year calendars) on me all the time.  When something new would happen, I would write it down.  When he first crawled, when he first stood up.  Etc.

I know when he fell the first time and gave him a bloody lip  (:

But, the point is, that when I decide to make his baby book, I have it all down still and will remember the dates.

I also like to keep track of the gifts he was given for holidays (a nice list to include for his First Easter section).

Anything that's important to you, make sure there's a page for it.  First giggle, the first time he actually interacts with his playgym instead of lying there like a lump...all that stuff that you'll miss when he's bigger.  I kept a journal, too...but it was less like the last post, and more details of events, so I'll remember them down the road.  Not just the date and picture of his first steps, but where we were, how hard we practiced, who was there.  How he screamed bloody murder after his first bath in the hospital, the little things that are easily forgotten.  I'll cut them out of the journal and copy them onto cardstock to put in his scrapbook.  That way when we look at it, we can share specific stories.

HTH
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewHelpMe
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009 04:37:24 AM »

Oh, this is fun!  Obviously a book of firsts is perfect.  Also, I saw somewhere that some new parents photographed their son on the 1st of each month as he sat next to the same teddy bear.  That's a fun way to watch his growth!

Other ideas: 
his first bedroom ("Making Room For...")
the first house he lived in
any pets?
grandparents are a must!
parents, too!
favorite foods
different photos of him sleeping
do some of those cool black and white photos of close ups of his little hands and feet
quirks he has or does

Have fun and make sure to post your pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011 11:16:56 AM »

The day-to-day stuff.  We always think to include the "milestones" and "special" days in baby books (and big-kid scrapbooks), but it's the everyday stuff we wish we could remember later.  What was your morning routine?  Bedtime routine?  The words he mangled consistently the same way (that will come a bit later, obviously).  (For instance, one of our girls always said, "bleepy" instead of "sleepy" when she was small.)  Favorite outfits, food, toys, or story?  The house you live(d) in?  The neighborhood where you take/took walks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Little Bunny Rabbit Toy
Hanging Around
Meatless Monday: Cinnamon Pecan Scones

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...