A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
149 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting with pets  (Read 1873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009 04:42:37 AM »

17 cats also produces odors (and I can imagine how much being a cat person myself). I would be worried about odor infiltration as well, since you can't really shut the door on it. If you've got supplies and inventory around, eventually the odors will permeate the supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009 08:41:56 AM »

I share a room with my husband (my crafting, his computer) and I always always always keep the door shut. I'll let the cats (I have 2) in the room if someone is in there. If I'm sewing, they'll just lay on the floor but if I turn my back, they're into everything.  Tongue

I keep a lint roller on my cutting table as well as a spray bottle. All I have to do is point the spray bottle toward them and they're gone (oh, and it helps me get the wrinkles out of my fabric, lol.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isadora12000
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009 03:39:15 PM »

If I'm sewing, they'll just lay on the floor but if I turn my back, they're into everything.  Tongue

I hear ya on that one. I have 2 cats, one couldn't be interested in sitting my my lap until I am at the sewing machine, the other will give me one warning meow before she gets into something she's not supposed too... cats!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Consider what ideas are lost by censorship.
itscribe
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009 04:22:38 PM »

I know, I got it...

CRAFT NAKED!

LOL.  Tongue

Sorry, couldn't resist.

One way to approach it might be to be straight up honest that there are cats in your home. If your website has a picture or two of your lovelies, prospective buyers will know they might get an odd hair or two. Since you are working with felt, and I assume roving as well, how is one to know what is cat hair and what is sheep, goat, bunny, alpaca or some other critter's hair?

I might not admit that I have 17 but I think honesty is the best approach.  I would rather lose a sale than be the cause of some highly allergic person having a problem. Though I seriously doubt a single hair or two or even a flake or two is going to cause someone a problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deriana
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009 11:15:34 AM »

CraftyChef: I hadn't thought of that...  Sad I usually keep my felts in boxes with small soaps or herb-bags out of a childhood habit, but never really thought the bad odors could also get "in". How do you deal with the odors with your crafts?

BlueJeanBaby: I'm just waiting for the furniture to get my craft-room going. I wonder what's it like, to craft without cats. =D
The spray bottle would only deter half of them. =) I swear, they are the reincarnations of Attila's barbarian army!

itscribe: LOL Now <u>that</u> would be dangerous with some of my cats. Dressing and undressing around them has been quite an experience on occasion... ("DO I ATTACK YOUR NIPPLES?! DO I?! SO STOP ATTACKING MINE!")
Some people have suggested not to put up any warning so as not to detract buyers, but I feel that's dishonest. Like you said, I'd rather lose a sale than cause someone any problems.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...