A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frederick the Travelling Garden Elf! He needs your help!  (Read 1324 times)
Tags for this thread: gnome  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Bunny of DOOM!
Plastic Dinosaurs are my life.

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2009 12:39:48 AM »

Meet Frederick.

He is a rare breed of Garden-Elf. Please, do not mistake him for a Gnome. He has some terrible self-harming tendancies and cannot handle another blow to his squishy stuffed self-esteem.

Frederick was made for a forum swap, and travelled across Australia to meet his new Mummy. Many months later, He was found sitting glumly in my meter box, sobbing quietly, covered in Unclaimed stickers. He decided he needed to find himself, who he really was, and thought it was time to be brave. Frederick had gotten quite a taste for travelling on his trip, and revealed to me he would like to journey across the world, meeting new people and discovering more about himself and the world along the way.

Heres how you can help. Frederick doesnt know anyone. He needs a few places to stay, and a few people to help send him on throughout his journey. Maybe show him the sights, take a few happy snaps of him for his family back home, and give him a few souvenirs to hang onto along the way.

If you are interested in helping Frederick out by allowing him to be a house guest with you for a short while (hes very tidy, doesnt eat, and doesnt take up much space!), please shoot me an email at [email protected] with your address details.

Once I have an initial batch of people who are willing to take Frederick, I will map out an itinerary and the peoples names and locations here. When its your turn, you can take a few pics of him at your favourite locations and mail them to me, decorate him in a souvenir (eg. a brooch from your area, a new ribbon, some freckles..whatever you like), fill in a page or 2 in his travel journal, then you can mail him onto the address provided to reach his next location!

I will update his page on my blog (http://lickmycupcakes.wordpress.com/frederick-the-traveller/) with pictures and stories from his journey as he goes. I cant wait to see what crazy adventures he gets up to!

Me & Freddy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009 01:53:23 AM »

Frederick is so cute! And I like the background story, explains why he looks a little stressed Smiley. There will be another round of the Roaming Gnome Swap soon, they say at the end of February, if Frederick can stand being the only elf in a gnome swap, maybe this could be a start for his travels. Smiley Or you could aks the organizers to make it a Roaming Elves and Gnomes swap this time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spicytaco
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009 05:36:47 AM »

He's so cute. He can definitely come stay with me for a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
moxie_d
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009 08:58:32 AM »

Sent you an Email! I would love to have him for a visit  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bunny of DOOM!

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009 03:32:27 PM »

Thanks for all the emails this morning guys, it made my day!  Grin Keep em coming! He will be leaving for his trip on March 1st so get in quick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandabot
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009 06:07:57 AM »

i've never turned away an elf who needs my help.  i appreciate the fact that Frederick is keepin it real in this gnome-dominant society.  stay strong Frederick! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nothingofnote
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009 08:14:37 AM »

I may be new but I'd love to join in, I'll send you an email. He can see Wales!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bunny of DOOM!

Rawr.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009 04:56:21 PM »

Thanks to those who've emailed!!! Last couple of days to sign up, I'll be sending him on March 1st, so please get in now if you would like to have him visit!!!  Grin xox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...