A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
142 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ferret Bedding for a shelter and a raffle  (Read 2445 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_bed , ferret  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Kizzie421
« on: February 20, 2009 07:50:12 AM »

Here's a short backstory (well as short as i can make it)

Back at the end of Jan. a ferret shelter here in NJ burned down, and 25 ferrets were lost, 3 were saved and the owners ok just fine. So on a ferret board i mod at we are putting on a raffle. and since they are getting the 3 ferrets that made it out back on monday i made a special set of bedding for them. i also made a bag full of toys for the ferrets, and i have plenty more planned!

Here is the playmat for the raffle, it also has a matching carry bag

here is the bedding for the shelter itself
playmat

slumber sphere

round bed

cage bedding

ducksoup placemat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olivegreenspring

Oh, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009 09:12:18 AM »

these are great! I love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amarok
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009 11:58:06 PM »

that's terrible about the fire and the lost animal Sad these are so good, that you could've even posted on the "Crafting for good, not evil"-side of the forum! such a good cause, even if there are only three lucky ferrets that get to enjoy these. look very pretty and nice. i'm hoping that they're easy to clean also, the round and puffy ones make me wonder.. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kizzie421
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009 02:56:58 PM »

thanks for the kind words. hopefully i will have so action shots. the story is just so heartbreaking. i needed to do something for them and the ferrets. I have an open order policy for them. they can ask for what ever they want whenever they want.

the slumber sphere has a zipper for the cover to come off. the round beds i usually throw them in a pillow case before they go in the washing machine and dryer

i always get the most intersting looks while at the laundry mat lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009 04:12:31 AM »

that is such a sad story  Sad  but amazing how much you helped them. as i have 2 naughty carpet sharks of my own i couldnt imagne losing them  Cry

the items look great - what material are they made out of? i'd love to have a go at making some bedding myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Kizzie421
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009 01:40:28 PM »

most of those items are fleece and flannel combo.

i usually stick to a flannel/flannel, fleece/flannel. cotton/flannel, cotton/fleece combo for bedding. i have bedding to match the seasons, cotton for the summer, flannel/cotton or flannel/flannel for the fall and anything with fleece for the winter.

with having 6 ferrets (i was up to 8 at one point) i found it to be more cost effective to make my own bedding, let me know if you want help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009 08:15:25 AM »

thats great - thanks for the advice and help! i'll attempt to make some new bedding for the winter, if i get into any trouble i'll PM you  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...