A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,893
Currently Running With Scissors:
246 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Custom Mahjong Set  (Read 27698 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , game , craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009 10:13:56 AM »

wow! I love this. mahjong is one of my favorite games.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
thanate
wanting to do everything is *no excuse* for not doing anything.

writer/crafter/naturalist, mother, Team Oak Tree

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009 11:04:52 AM »

This is fantastic!  I'm really impressed with your painting job, and how nicely everything came out.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"And the moral of Pierre is 'Care'." -Maurice Sendak

Ugh, it's like Thanos, ok?  the long E is the feminine ending.  (Also, I prefer *not* to destroy the universe when possible.) Thann-uh-tay, no "nate"
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009 11:17:14 AM »

That is so cool. What a great gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancecrafter

the snack that smiles back...!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009 01:03:34 PM »

wow, those are beautiful! great job with all of the complicated Chinese characters, and the flowers! Have you played with those tiles yet? It seems like the shape might make it difficult to play with them, because it would be hard to stand them up in your hand, so I'd be interested to see how that works out.  really gorgeous work, though! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toque
pinktoque

Creator of GEEKSOAP.net

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009 06:10:55 PM »

wow, those are beautiful! great job with all of the complicated Chinese characters, and the flowers! Have you played with those tiles yet? It seems like the shape might make it difficult to play with them, because it would be hard to stand them up in your hand, so I'd be interested to see how that works out.  really gorgeous work, though! Smiley

We haven't played with them yet (our friends who taught us just had their first baby and they're the only other people in the area we know that know how to play!) and it does worry me a little, but I've seen some mahjong sets that come with tile holders... kinda like the ones you get in Scrabble. We may just steal the Scrabble ones just in case!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I design geeky, all natural handmade soap known as GEEKSOAP! http://www.geeksoap.net
Portfolio: http://www.thepinktoque.com/
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009 02:19:10 AM »

Wow, this is truly fantastic.  What a lucky man your husband is to receive such a beautiful and thoughtful gift.  I love Mahjong, and this set is just superb.  If you can't find anyone to play with (how sad does that sound!!) how about playing solo,  I often play this on my own and find it helps me win down/chill out, whatever you want to call it, as it can get so engrossing, and you really can't 'cheat' to make things easier for yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
Lethargic
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009 11:46:40 AM »

Oh this is great. My boyfriend has been looking for a nice mahjong set lately. Maybe I could make him one too. Smiley I wonder if you could paint different things on them. Like when you play Mahjong online you can pick different tile themes. Maybe make it Nintendo themed or something geeky and fun. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop for aprons, bento/lunch bags, jewelry, and more! http://organizedconfetti.etsy.com
dancecrafter

the snack that smiles back...!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009 01:27:25 PM »

We haven't played with them yet (our friends who taught us just had their first baby and they're the only other people in the area we know that know how to play!) and it does worry me a little, but I've seen some mahjong sets that come with tile holders... kinda like the ones you get in Scrabble. We may just steal the Scrabble ones just in case!

I didn't even think about using tile holders! They'd probably work pretty well for those. Our set has really thick tiles so it's easy to stand them up on their own and we don't need the rack things.  It's too bad you can't find anyone to play with! It's such a fun game. Whenever we can't find people to play with we just teach more people. Tongue Out of curiosity, which version do you play?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009 04:20:25 PM »

These are great.  I am amazed at the job you did.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cbass

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009 08:15:01 AM »

you are my new hero. good ass job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones
Ode To Coffee
Meal Prep Monday: Chicken Pot Pie

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...