A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
208 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: **HELP- Last minute craft ideas?  (Read 1577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
liprincess2k7
« on: February 10, 2009 07:23:00 AM »

So i was relying on a check to come in the mail this week so I could buy my boyfriend of 3 years a mini-vacation get away at a hotel. well I just got a letter in the mail saying the check was coming at a later date.. OF COURSE. so I need help!! anyone have any easy- inexpensive-quick craft ideas? Im so nervous.. moneys very tight, valentines day's so soon, and I want him to be happy =[

ps- he might be leaving for the Marines soon.. so I kind of want something that will mean a lot to him.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009 07:26:11 AM by liprincess2k7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
useless_tears

Zombies |=have=| had feelings too

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009 07:16:25 PM »

When I'm in a crunch I always go with some fabric paint and some freezer paper and make him a shirt.  Depending on your design you choose, it can be SO easy and less than $20.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not always as clueless as I look, only sometimes.
thania
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009 07:38:09 PM »

well im  navy wife, and he was gone to Japan for two years so I find that pictures are a big big deal, so how about a stuffy doll of u.. i mean it depends on how cheesy he is, but i made my husband one of the kids, just got some fabric a picture and iron on transfer, iron it on the fabric cut around it sew it  n stuff it, it doesnt even have to be too big, something he can keep discretely even if he's imbearased...

or i mini photobook, more like an altered mini photo book of the both of u with all types of magazine words n fave things about him, messages n i love u's... u get me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FABULOSITY!!!!!

my wists
http://www.wists.com/thania
Lrschic
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009 08:17:08 PM »

Maybe you can wrap a photo of a hotel room and tell him it's for a later date? Maybe that doesn't work depending on when he is leaving.

You could even try to create a getaway sort of atmosphere at your place. Have some robes, slippers, rolled towels. Do massage? Set up your own mini-bar? Have a menu so he can pick a snack or something. I don't know what your living arrangements are like, but you could just try to create something different in your space that would feel like a getaway. Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
Bela-Kiss
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009 02:33:10 PM »

http://craftydaisies.com/2007/01/30/exploding-scrapbook-box/

I made my boyfriend one. We have been together 2y 9m. I don't have many pics of the beginning of the relationship but he bought me a camera for christmas so I have a lot of recent ones.
It was really easy to make and VERY cheap. You just have to buy the paper and I used stuff I had lying around to embellish mine. You can buy sticker sheets for like a dollar if you want to add them in.
I also made him another 50 reasons book and I am going to make him some of his favorite cookies.
I want to rent a movie and spend the day at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bela-Kiss
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009 02:44:15 PM »

http://craftydaisies.com/2007/01/30/exploding-scrapbook-box/

I made my boyfriend one. We have been together 2y 9m. I don't have many pics of the beginning of the relationship but he bought me a camera for christmas so I have a lot of recent ones.
It was really easy to make and VERY cheap. You just have to buy the paper and I used stuff I had lying around to embellish mine. You can buy sticker sheets for like a dollar if you want to add them in.
I also made him another 50 reasons book and I am going to make him some of his favorite cookies.
I want to rent a movie and spend the day at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...