A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: coat from legend of the seeker  (Read 48300 times)
Tags for this thread: coat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Chibirinoa
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009 01:09:07 PM »

Ooo! Any progress so far? I'd love to see!
I've been gathering up references and am planning on making the green outfit, white confessors gown, and her traveling cloak hopefully by the end of this year. I absolutely love these costumes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To see more of my projects please visit http://www.laurakane.webs.com!
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009 11:30:58 AM »

i have been looking for the right fabric. I want it to look almost exactly like it.

but I think I am going to wind up settling for a brown cotton that kinda looks like suede from a distance.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009 11:31:32 AM by VinceNoir » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009 06:50:15 AM »

I found the perfect fabric!

http://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashion-fabric-linen-fabric-european-linen-fabric-european-linen-cilantro.aspx

now to find out how much yardage I need!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2009 10:34:01 PM »

A guesstamate on my end but maybe 5 yards for that coat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chibirinoa
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2009 05:49:19 AM »

Linen is definitely the way to go! I can't wait to see your coat, I probably won't be able to start on mine for a few months. Let me know if you need any additional images of the costume, I've collected quite a bit of hi-res images of all of her costumes from different angles.
 My favorite part of her costumes are the giant hoods and the fact that they all lace up in interesting ways!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To see more of my projects please visit http://www.laurakane.webs.com!
pouscat
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009 08:12:38 PM »

The collar of the coat is actually the front of a large hood, makes it look like lapels sort of. I was trying to pick it apart myself when I was watching it. Linen would give a good worn look but so would a nice tightly woven, close to middleweight, canvas. Canvas would be warmer with only a thin lining, and therefore it would lay closer to the body and be more form fitting. But that is of course only if you really wanted a functional coat, if you are just looking to reproduce the garment then Linen would be fine :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
matty
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009 07:33:36 AM »

I happened to read this thread a few days back and was dieing to prepare a coat of that kind.... Finally I got a suitable fabric at a online clothing & apparel store http://www.storeshere.com/public_html/html/Clothing_L2K_Apparel/ and would start sewing by next week.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009 07:42:24 AM by matty - Reason: spelling mistake » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kasarr
Kasarr's Costumes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2009 12:02:54 PM »

I can recreate this coat and any other costumes people want. I am a costume designer and seamstress. My pic is a sample of my work, and Elf from LOTR. Email me: [email protected]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skipstitch
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009 08:19:28 PM »

the show is great! not as bloody or graphic as the books but good. it is kinda like hercules or xena but less campy (same director)

These shows also all have the same costume designer, Jane Holland, she's kinda like my idol....
Anyway, the white confessor's robe is a one of a kind, handmade by Jane without a pattern, so best of luck to any who tries to reproduce it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashala
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2009 02:50:29 AM »

I love that dress. And the series too. The costuming is so gorgeous I'm completely distracted from the storyline.

Today I visited the costuming livejournal community for the first time in over a year and found out someone made the white dress. (I think both dresses use the same pattern.) She used Butterick B4827, but made the pattern for the hood herself. I think the best way to make it is making a big hood from an old sheet or something, see how it drapes and adjust until you're happy with it.

The original posts:
http://community.livejournal.com/costuming/235412.html for detailed pictures
http://community.livejournal.com/costuming/237347.html for the dress on a person

I would love to see your findings. I intend to make the dress too, after about ten other projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...