A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
184 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: You want dessert? I'll give you dessert. (and some onigiri!)  (Read 4069 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 28, 2009 02:39:17 PM »

First 'major' (as in more than one or two little charms) attempt at Sculptey clay desserts-- I'd have made some improvements looking back, but it's a start! Also, some are not glazed yet, and two of the lollipops don't have their sticks (because I'm easily bored and have about a million other projects I want to work on.  Roll Eyes)

The whole little family...

Pies! From the top:
  • Whipped cream, candied orange, some green yumminess.
  • Whipped cream, strawberry, kiwi, lemon ball.
  • Art swirl cake toppers.
  • Whipped cream, SPRINKLES. I like sprinkles.  Tongue

Detail (albeit blurry):

Donuts and a lone macaroon:

Cupcakes!! Love cupcakes. As in the real kind. EDIT: just realized the little purple guy's stick is, well, sticking out-- came loose during baking; please ignore!  Smiley

Me with cupcakes.  Wink

Onigiri and a cute poo. It's a Japanese thing.

Lollys!!

Thanks for reading.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 08:16:43 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009 05:22:55 PM »

Those are really cute! I'd love to get started on some polymer clay stuff... When Id on't live in a dorm. With no flat surfaces. xD Very nice work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009 05:26:47 PM »

I love polymer clay food, I have this whole thing about it. I'd love to learn how, but I'm shite with clay [grin] They're gorgeous - as are you, by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
newyorkdoll
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009 05:34:42 PM »

I don't think I'll ever grow out of my obsession with cute little sweet things. I espeically like the pie slices with all the tiny fruits. The details are great! You have a great complexion, btw Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009 08:14:12 PM »

Those are really cute! I'd love to get started on some polymer clay stuff... When Id on't live in a dorm. With no flat surfaces. xD Very nice work.

Thanks, Elensule! And dont let having limited space keep you from the joys of clay  Wink- I actually just sit cross-legged on my bed with a hardcover book on my lap or right in front of me, and sculpt while I watch DVDs (being on break, Im doing WAY too much of this lately  Roll Eyes) Baking them would be another story- but you could always just seal them up in a Ziploc to keep the dust away until you could get around a toaster oven or full-size oven (I think this would work for at least for a week or so, otherwise they could get crusty, which = bad.)

I love polymer clay food, I have this whole thing about it. I'd love to learn how, but I'm shite with clay [grin] They're gorgeous - as are you, by the way!

Aww, thanks, Persephone! I completely have a thing for it too *who woulda guessed  Wink*- theres just something about it. Have you ever seen Megan Murphys Kawaii Not icons (she also has this adorable book which I just got in the mail today)? Most of the little characters are food-related and they really remind me of charms- not to mention many of them are super-sarcastic/slightly crude, which in my humble opinion only increases their cuteness. Anyhoo- heres the link if youre curious! http://www.kawaiinot.com/icons.php

I don't think I'll ever grow out of my obsession with cute little sweet things. I espeically like the pie slices with all the tiny fruits. The details are great! You have a great complexion, btw Smiley

Thank you, New York! The pies were my favorite to do- you can just kind of do whatever you want to with it, because theres not much that doesnt look cute on top of a pie slice  Wink.

Thank you- I really dont, but a little mineral make-up goes a long way! Haha.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 08:17:59 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009 04:15:51 AM »

Thank you for the link, that's hilarious [grin] And yeah, mineral make-up is the shizit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
GardensOfUtopia
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009 05:21:46 AM »

Oh wow these are adorable. I love tiny foods Cheesy You are soooo pretty. The little treats on your ears suit you. You look like Hayden Panettiere in that pict
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can't breath without art..
www.GardensOfUtopia.Com   One of a kind baby and fantasy sculptures.
Oakley
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009 04:45:58 PM »

I haven't worked with Polymer clay yet, but cute cupcake earrings sure do make me want to run to Michael's and grab some Sculpey! Great job! P.S. That link rocks. P.P.S. I love mineral makeup too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MysMyers
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009 05:54:01 PM »

Everything looks so sweet (pun intended....yeah I'm not that funny). I really like the lolly's!!

And I cant believe no one has mentioned it already (edit: oops...I see now someone else did mention too aha)....but you look like a spitting image of Claire from Heroes!! Hayden Penetierre (sp?)...anyways, very pretty!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009 05:56:04 PM by MysMyers » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody needs a little kreep in their lives:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/thekraftykreep

Follow me:
www.twitter/TheKraftyKreep

Become a fan and WIN! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Out-in-the-boneyard/The-Krafty-Kreep/114023171949294#!/pages/Out-in-the-boneyard/The-Krafty-Kreep/114023171949294?
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009 12:44:03 AM »

Oh wow these are adorable. I love tiny foods Cheesy You are soooo pretty. The little treats on your ears suit you. You look like Hayden Panettiere in that pict

Wow, thanks, Gardens! I really appreciate it. I actually get told I look just like Hayden Panettiere almost every day at work by patrons, haha- its definetly a compliment, so thanks!

I haven't worked with Polymer clay yet, but cute cupcake earrings sure do make me want to run to Michael's and grab some Sculpey! Great job! P.S. That link rocks. P.P.S. I love mineral makeup too!

Thanks! That website is MADE of awesomeness; I think I saved every other one, at least   Shocked Grin. One of my favorites: cute little spoon- Wanna spoon? Little fork back- Id rather fork! hehehe.

Everything looks so sweet (pun intended....yeah I'm not that funny). I really like the lolly's!!

And I cant believe no one has mentioned it already (edit: oops...I see now someone else did mention too aha)....but you look like a spitting image of Claire from Heroes!! Hayden Penetierre (sp?)...anyways, very pretty!

Thanks! Lollys are the easiest to make but they turn out awesome.

Wow, hahaditto response above! Thanks a lot; shes very pretty!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009 12:48:25 AM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...