Swap name: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt Swap R3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: mcook72677
Craftster member who is co-organizing this swap: open
Sign-up date range: 1/28 to 2/7
Date to send package by: March 16
Limited to a certain number of people? No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
All ages allowed? Yes, with parental or guardian's permission if under 18.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
Details of swap:
This swap will be a scavenger hunt with categories each participant must interpret and fulfill with items relating to yarn and yarn crafts, then send to her or his partner.
1. Something local
2. Something purple
3. Something recycled
4. Something hard
5. Something funny
6. Something related to the letter 'M'
7. Something dotted
8. Sender's choice
I'm going to leave the category definitions up to you and your own interpretations. You may discuss them, but, ultimately, your intuition should be your guide.
The number of items sent and received should be no more and no less than the number of categories in the scavenger hunt. Exceptions are if the item representing a category is a pair or set of items, such as a pair of mittens or a set of stitch markers.
One item per category - no single item can do double-duty and count for two categories. However, if a particular item does work for two categories and having two of them would be pleasing to the recipient, then two may be sent. The exception to that would be if it's a pair of something where having only one of the pair would be useless. If it's a pair, the pair can only count for one category. For example, a pair of blue mittens cannot count for something blue and something that starts with the letter M. However, sending two blue mugs, one for the blue category and one for the letter M category, would be allowable.
The gift for at least one category must be a skein of yarn (quality, please, unless your partner says they love fun fur!).
Items can be bought or handmade. At least two categories should be handmade.
At least five of the eight categories must have items relating to yarn and yarn crafts. Other goodies are welcome, but the bulk of your package should be yarnie goodness.
Please PM your partner and the organizer when you send out your package and when you receive it.
You must post in the thread once a week until you have sent your package to your partner.
The size of your items will be up to you and your partner. Thanks!!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Yarnies Scavenger Hunt Swap
Your real name and mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?:
Are you at least 13 years of age?
Have you read the swap info guide?
Getting to know you:
(Please feel free to put "N/A" or "See Profile" or just plain ignore any of the following questions.)
1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?
2) Do you do other crafts with yarn? Which ones and for how long?
3) What is on your needles/hook right now?
4) What is the most frequently used tool in your yarn project bag?
5) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a link to a pic if you have one!)
6) What are your favorite things to make with yarn?
7) What yarncraft fears or avoidances do you have?
8. What yarncraft have you wanted to learn or try, but haven't yet?
9) What other crafts do you do besides yarn-related crafts?
10) If you had a 5-minute shopping spree in your LYS or craft supply store, how would you plan your attack?
11) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite yarns?
12) What are your top 5 favorite colors?
13) What are your favorite color combos?
14) What colors and/or color combos do you hate?
15) Favorite Sweets or treats?
16) What are your favorite animals?
17) What are your favorite themes, schemes, genres, or patterns?
18) What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
19) What are your favorite music artists/bands/songs?
20) What are your favorite authors/books?
21) What are your favorite visual artists?
22) What are your favorite movies?
23) What are your favorite TV shows?
24) Describe your personal style.
25) Describe your decorating style.
26) What other hobbies or pastimes do you do besides crafting?
27) Do you collect anything? What?
28) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily yarn related)?
29) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?
30) Do you have an online wish list? What is it?
31) Do you have a blog? What is it?
32) Do you have other websites? What?
33) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?
34) What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
35) Any lifestyle choices that may affect what you would or would not like to receive?
36) Any allergies or sensitivities?
37) Do you have pets?
38) Do you smoke?
39) Any more questions you'd like to ask your partner?
40) Any thing else you'd like your partner to know about you?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.Our gallery: