A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,833
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where to buy border print fabric?  (Read 8592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 27, 2009 07:32:12 PM »

Hello, fellow Craftsters! I seem to have run out of ideas, so I turn in *slight* desperation to your collective knowledge for help.

I am a brand-spanking new Lolita, specifically a Sweet Lolita (a subset of the popular Japanese fashion which is gaining some popularity here in the U.S. I've been looking into it-- aka drooling over it  ;-- for some time, and am just starting to attempt making my own clothing. I am crazy about this skirt from the popular Japanese brand, "Innocent World:"

Problem? I can't find ANYTHING resembling that gorgeous floral border print fabric ANYWHERE (I've scoured my local Jo-Anns, and Googled until I could Google no more.)

So, how 'bout it? Any gems of fabric knowledge?    Huh  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009 08:37:59 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diana dOr
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009 09:49:58 PM »

Can I suggest looking on ebay or craigslist for a circular table cloth? Sounds silly but it would work. They often have similar type designs coming out from the center.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009 11:59:01 PM »

Can I suggest looking on ebay or craigslist for a circular table cloth? Sounds silly but it would work. They often have similar type designs coming out from the center.

Wow! Seriously great idea! I have several laying around the house that could be put to use-- and, I'm going thrift-store shopping in the near future, and they're always brimming with tableclothes in need of new life...

Thank you, Diana!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009 08:21:39 AM »

i have no idea if this is helpful or not, but i have a few issues of the Gothic and Lolita Bible, and many of the patterns in it use this type of fabric. the back has listing of where to get the materials and notions used in the patterns,  but my copies are all Japanese and i unfortunately can't read it. I did hear a few months ago that they are releasing back issues of G&LB in English, so you'd probably find these to be good resourses Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009 02:09:54 PM »

i have no idea if this is helpful or not, but i have a few issues of the Gothic and Lolita Bible, and many of the patterns in it use this type of fabric. the back has listing of where to get the materials and notions used in the patterns,  but my copies are all Japanese and i unfortunately can't read it. I did hear a few months ago that they are releasing back issues of G&LB in English, so you'd probably find these to be good resourses Cheesy

Thanks for the idea, acidtrix! If only I could read it- I do have one Japanese friend I could ask, though, so maybe she could find something helpful for me through the GLBs. I had looked into buying the first couple English editions, until I heard they're pretty disappointing on the DIY/pattern front, unlike their Japanese counterparts.

Again, thanks!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009 02:10:36 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009 07:16:18 AM »

I didn't see that specific pattern you were looking for, but http://superbuzzy.com/ carries cafe curtains and i wonder if there'd be enough fabric to use in a skirt? they come with the scalloped bottom and cute prints Smiley just a thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
Diana dOr
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009 07:32:56 AM »

Wow! Seriously great idea! I have several laying around the house that could be put to use-- and, I'm going thrift-store shopping in the near future, and they're always brimming with tableclothes in need of new life...

Thank you, Diana!!  Grin

Your welcome, but the idea wasn't solely mine. Craftzine had an article about it back in the day that struck me when you posted that picture.
 http://craftzine.com/06/stitch_circleskirt/
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...