A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
265 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wicca/Pagan Swap Round 10! (flake free and finished!)  (Read 52835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009 11:49:01 AM »

You can prolly count me in for another go. Too fun not to  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009 02:08:19 PM »

will be getting info caught up and people added this afternoon still! so many friends are back!

Ronda
Bright Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
missmuffcake

creepy + cute

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009 03:11:53 PM »

We practice Santeria and Hoodoo could I join?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
RondaS

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009 04:04:46 PM »

We practice Santeria and Hoodoo could I join?

most assuredly! we are a very non-denominational kinda alternative beliefs group here, LOL!

one thing though - for most of us, animals are a part of the cycle of life and some are against using them for any purpose other than loving them (including as food sources). Me, I enjoy my multi level food groups - which doesn't just mean chocolate, people! - and couldn't get by without a bit of hamburger and a good steak now and then, but many are vegan here.

I know that not all Santario actively practice animal sacrifice, but thought you ought to know that is not really something accepted by most of this group, in case it is part of your religious practice - not just so you know ahead of time and will let me in on it when you send in your entry but also so I can be sure to pair you with someone appropriate

HooDoo is fascinating and I know that it is very multi-dimensional and has many layers of belief/practice - so for myself, I would be very interested in learning more about where your belief system has taken you!

Ronda
Bright Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009 04:15:03 PM »

Merry Met Missmuffcake-

The WWP swaps are open to pretty much everyone with an open mind and spirit. I certainly think Santeria, Hoodoo, Voodoo or Voudun and other various African, Haitian, and American born religions are very interesting and fit within the bracket of metaphysical and earthly religions that are practiced by many members of these swaps.

I just want to put a little disclaimer here so no one ends up offended. (And I mean absolutely NO offense here by this statement.) There are a lot of connotations that go along with the aforementioned religious paths that could easily be misunderstood. Though, I would say that the "regulars" of these swaps are very knowledgeable or open to learning about other paths. Wink

I understand that Hollywood and CNN have a lot to do with such misunderstandings, heck...look at what it has done to Wicca and Paganism. Tongue  So if you do join up, remember that there will have to be a lot of communication and understanding between you and your partner.  Smiley

I'm trying not to use a stereotypical example here, but it's the easiest to explain: the average poppet or voodoo doll- there are those who live by the "harm none" aspects of Wicca, and even though dolls can be created for other purposes (good things like banishing and protection for example) it could be misunderstood if not communicated. Also, and I mean no offense here either, the usage of Christian symbols/beliefs used in some Santeria may also be a very touchy, and a very uncomfortable subject. I live in the south where there is a large Santeria and Voodoo presence, and I understand that there is more to this path than just these things, lol...but with that being said, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't join. Grin

Blessed be, no matter your path,
Saturn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm Back! Woo-hoo!
missmuffcake

creepy + cute

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009 04:18:06 PM »

one thing though - for most of us, animals are a part of the cycle of life and some are against using them for any purpose other than loving them (including as food sources). Me, I enjoy my multi level food groups - which doesn't just mean chocolate, people! - and couldn't get by without a bit of hamburger and a good steak now and then, but many are vegan here.

I am a hard core strict vegan and am really against the animal sacrifice part however animal sacrifice is not necessary from what I believe/have read you have to practice/believe more. Just like if I want vegan ice cream, well, AMPM does not have it around the corner so I have to travel across town to get some but it is well worth it! Smiley

Religion wise I am agnostic but we have a altar and do stuff to cleanse our house! I am very spiritual!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
RondaS

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009 04:34:13 PM »

hehehe - looks like Saturn and I were cross posting - I hadn't thought of the Christian symbolism aspect - good catch Saturn!

glad to have another vegan aboard to even out us heathen meat eaters, and it will be interested in learning more about what your belief system entails - you can PM me if you want to sort through more privately missmuffcake!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009 05:58:53 PM »

I sent my info in for both swaps!!!
I too welcome you MissMuffCake. My knowldge of Santeria is limited - I respect any religion that packs that kind of a wallop - my husband is latino so I've heard some from my very Catholic sister-in-laws. I would enjoy learning from an actual practitioner. I despise stereotypes and I'm sure you get it a lot - brave to step up and say so. Look forward to you staying with us. Everyone so far has been fantastic and very supportive of whatever stage you're at.
I must say I fit the heathen meat eater - I love my steak -RARE. I often wish I could cure myself but every so often I just have to have 1.
If I were to go blood - it would have to be my own - not that it would be worth much - I can't even donate - they send me home - too anemic. I wouldn't even appeal to the vampires!
Blessings to all
I feel the edges of Spring blowing this way - it's coming- yeah!!!! (Positive thinking - we're at 5 degrees in the AM)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009 06:10:01 PM »

Merry Met MissMuffCake! I too have a limited knowledge base on Santeria, but welcome you with open arms. I know that we all have felt the strike of stereotypes, and I would hate to think of myself as a person who would judge without knowing more. So I hope you stay around, and share your knowledge with us!!
Oh, and I don't know what windoverireland is talking about. I think her eye meds must have soaked into her brain, because Spring is certainly NO WHERE near blowing our direction. She is obviously delirious, and everyone should watch her LMAO. Spring. Jeez woman. I come back in from smoking with freaking icicles in naughty places. And thats even with the fourty two and a half layers I put on!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
BTStars
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009 06:26:58 PM »

I sent my info in for both swaps!!!
I too welcome you MissMuffCake. My knowldge of Santeria is limited - I respect any religion that packs that kind of a wallop - my husband is latino so I've heard some from my very Catholic sister-in-laws. I would enjoy learning from an actual practitioner. I despise stereotypes and I'm sure you get it a lot - brave to step up and say so. Look forward to you staying with us. Everyone so far has been fantastic and very supportive of whatever stage you're at.
I must say I fit the heathen meat eater - I love my steak -RARE. I often wish I could cure myself but every so often I just have to have 1.
If I were to go blood - it would have to be my own - not that it would be worth much - I can't even donate - they send me home - too anemic. I wouldn't even appeal to the vampires!
Blessings to all
I feel the edges of Spring blowing this way - it's coming- yeah!!!! (Positive thinking - we're at 5 degrees in the AM)

I like my steak still moving Wink  I love rare steak!  Ivam trying to make the move to a vegan lifestyle.  It's mostly because Devin is lactose intoerant and loves dairy-which makes for a VERY stinky boy to live with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 90 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...