A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 314,014
Currently Running With Scissors:
162 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Resin Knitting Needles - and Tutorial! [[Updated info for the larger needles!]]  (Read 145115 times)
Tags for this thread: drinking_straw , gifts_for_knitters , tutorial , resin , knitting_needle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2009 05:15:46 PM »

These are great! I bought resin specifically to make some of these but am wondering in the tips can be hand sanded instead of using a dremel?
I couldnt find my dremel so I cut mine down to a rough point with an exacto and sanded them the rest of the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

accmoco
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2009 07:22:22 AM »

These are fantastic! This may be the first holiday gift I start - right now!
Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
superwench21
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2009 01:46:07 PM »

Beautiful. I'm in love, but I was wondering how they are for knitting? I have used other needles in the past, soft plastic ones that were hard to use and I didn't like , wood ones that I found the yarn hard to move over (I knit tight :/) I like aluminum ones and the hard plastic ones and I don't have much concern for their weight, I use all sorts of weights and haven't have a problem. So since I would rather buy them than try to make a pair get frustrated and spend more on supplies that to just buy them, I want to know how they knit up? I may get them just because they are so cute and would make a nice addition to my needle collection.
P.S. I read your blurb on Etsy and I am also a self taught lefty knitter who knits "goofy" but its so comfortable I will never change!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What's that intoxicating scent?"
"I own cats"
"ME-OW!"
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2009 09:01:31 PM »

I haven't been here lately and need to go to bed, but I'll try to answer questions tomorrow! I had no idea there were this many views or new responses! Thank you everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olivegreenspring

Oh, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you!

« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2009 07:21:51 AM »

WOW. I don't even knit and....wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

walkrunfly
« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2009 04:45:46 AM »

so awesome of you to share your technique, a lot of people wouldn't have. thanks!

also in terms of the feel of the needles, there are needles on the mainstream market made of resin. the Denise needle sets are for instance, so you could feel a pair of those and probably get a pretty similar idea to how these would be. i have some and like them - they're really lightweight and reasonably sturdy & hard. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arymay
« Reply #196 on: February 15, 2009 08:38:11 AM »

Insane!
I love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soccerangel
Aprils, Showers, Dawn, Malitobia

You haven't lived life until you've crafted it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: February 15, 2009 01:36:17 PM »

Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are open! Just send me a PM(:

My Wist-
http://www.wists.com/soccerangel321/
TansysMaySigh
« Reply #198 on: February 17, 2009 01:21:38 PM »

Im wondering about the size of the needleS. wHEN I TRIED KNITTING MINE WERE MUCH SMALLER. DOES THE KNITTING TURN OUT THE SAME? sorry for caps XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2009 06:23:25 PM »

We used to live near a few Asian markets, I'll look for them! I kept thinking those oversize Pixie sticks come in big plastic straws, or did, I'm old! There used to be like 2 feet long ones, or so it seemed to me when I was little, they were pretty big!
 I'm sure if I wanted to I could really research things to use for molds, but part of my reason for passing it on is that I don't really have the interest, or the time.
 I keep discovering that I can do something and instead of perfecting it over time just leaving it alone, because I'm burned out on resin. the second my kiln gets here I'll probably destash a lot of stuff, molds etc, come to think of it, I should hold off till there's a swap or 2 here to get rid of it!

I just attempted to make a set... so far so good...Im up to the buffing part..... but I DID find a LARGER size straw.....if anyone lives near a Panerra Bread... the straws they have for their frozen drinks are way FAT... they are not out, you have to ask.....but they will give them out.........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes
@Home This Weekend: No-Kill Cactus
Tute Tuesday: Wrap Skirt

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...