A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ticket-stub bookmarks with instructions  (Read 12456 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
macaulkv
« on: March 13, 2005 07:18:44 PM »

i liberated some old scrapbooked ticket stubs and created some bookmarks. i love how they turned out and use them all the time. putting them to a practical use inspires more recollections than when they were tucked away in photo albums and scrapbooks.

instructions:
ticket stubs
paper or cardstock
tape
laminating machine (or a car to drive to the nearest kinko's)

i measured two ticket stubs and cut a piece of paper to serve as a backing. i suggest not skipping this step as many tickets are heat-sensitive and turn dark in the laminating machine. having a piece of paper (or cardstock if you want a thicker bookmark) seems to minimize this. using double-stick tape, i secured the stubs on the backing. i made my bookmarks double-sided (four stubs per bookmark) as i had so many tickets saved. but you might want to have a decorative paper backing or some event photos or memories written down. i took the finished bookmarks to kinko's to laminate and cut them out leaving a protective border around each ticket collage to seal out moisture.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005 07:34:41 PM by macaulkv » THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlagurl
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005 07:29:28 PM »

Noooooooooooooooooo don't do that!
I did that once and my tickets went all black because of the heat!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
macaulkv
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005 07:33:36 PM »

that is a risk, but that's why i made sure to include a piece of paper between them. that seemed to minimize any darkness (as you can see from the pics).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005 12:04:35 AM »

Another way to save the heat problem would be to use mac-tac instead of a laminator.  It's these sticky clear sheets; you just cut to size, peel off the backing, and put on both sides.  A do-it-at-home and cheap (I can get metre long rolls of 45 cm wide for a buck at my local dollar store) alternate to laminating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mary Bell
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005 03:33:12 AM »

---them to a practical use inspires more recollections than when they were tucked away in photo albums and scrapbooks... but you might want to have a decorative paper backing or some event photos or memories written down. i took the finished bookmarks to kinko's to laminate and cut them out leaving a protective border around each ticket collage to seal out moisture.

Very clever and I love you take on what constitutes memories and how to make them last - I like the idea of writing on the back or putting a photo on the back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chaybay

...educational...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005 06:32:18 PM »

Those are very cute, and I need a bookmark.. umm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-c.h.a.n.t.e.l.l.e-
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005 08:27:33 PM »

Another way to save the heat problem would be to use mac-tac instead of a laminator.  It's these sticky clear sheets; you just cut to size, peel off the backing, and put on both sides.  A do-it-at-home and cheap (I can get metre long rolls of 45 cm wide for a buck at my local dollar store) alternate to laminating.

Be careful doing this because I tried and all the printing faded off my tickets. Now only I can tell that that piece of paper used to be my Fellowship ticket!!!

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
macaulkv
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005 03:14:56 PM »

I suppose if you are really concerned about preserving your ticket stubs - what about stiching clear vinyl around them? Stick some card stock behind the stubs to give it stiffness. Or maybe sew them into sheet protectors? Or old overhead transparancies? That last one could be fun because you could print on the transparancy. Or you could just glue the stub to paper or cardstock and just make them that way...

Anyway, even though a few stubbs turned gray due to lamination (it was only one or two!) I still like having them in the pages of my latest read rather than squirelled away in a scrapbook or photo album I hardly ever take out. Of course, I'm not a scrapbooker-type and don't created wonderful pages of art with my photos and memories...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside
Meal Prep Monday: Autumn Vegetable Tian

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...