A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
168 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dishalicious Dishcloth/Washcloth Swap Round 7 Sign ups CLOSED: send by Jan 31  (Read 15681 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BhamBaby

I'm as pure as the driven slush

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009 12:49:20 AM »

My favorite swap!

For newbies, please join! Everyone here loves homemade and what better way to practice than to make me....uh...us a dishcloth or 2?

Sent in my info!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009 01:46:21 AM »

Please pair me with someone who likes this crochet pattern!  'Cause I'm too antsy and am working on it right now!  Or maybe I'm not!  Maybe I'm working on a surprise! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
myklia
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009 03:01:04 AM »

Please pair me with someone who likes this crochet pattern!  'Cause I'm too antsy and am working on it right now!  Or maybe I'm not!  Maybe I'm working on a surprise! 

I would be able to do something similar in knitting.  I love how it looks.

For newbies, please join! Everyone here loves homemade and what better way to practice than to make me....uh...us a dishcloth or 2?

For knitting you can go to http://www.knittinghelp.com/ to learn how to knit.  There are excellent videos.  In some of the videos You can choose learning to knit continental  or english.  I only know how to knit english, but I would recommend that you choose continental, because I guess once you get that down, you will ultimately knit faster (I am a very slow knitter Tongue). 

I would learn the basics of knitting or crochet before signing up (though possible to do that before these sign ups end, otherwise there will be future rounds).  As far as which is easier, knit or crochet, it is hard to say.  I took to knitting like breathing, but I struggle with crochet.  For others, crochet is way easier.

Any other knitters or crocheters with advice?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009 05:33:38 AM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009 03:55:41 AM »

We are now up to 19 swappers and still have over 2 and a half days left for sign ups.  I have gotten mochaxlight as our co organizer.  Yay!!!  This way we don't have to limit the sign ups to 24 people.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linda P
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009 04:31:01 AM »

Just sent my information in!  I love the pattern you posted.. I might give it a try.. I have some really crafty friends who can help me out with it if I cannot figure it out....
Love this swap.  I gave away my stash of dishcloths for Christmas, so I need to make some more quick!
Linda P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2009 10:06:57 AM »

I like that pattern too! I may have to make it too, er.... I mean it's a surprise  Cheesy

I have started on another pattern already. Hopefully my partner likes the color I am using, otherwise I have a new dishcloth!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
KRB
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009 10:10:38 AM »

H_pets360, I love that pattern. I wouldn't mind getting that cloth at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calsters
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009 03:40:52 PM »

I am so excited to be doing a swap again!  I loved the round I was in before, 4, and I see some familiar names!  Can't wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Callie Karen
epic1313
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009 04:12:51 PM »

Oooh. That's cool. Too bad I can't crochet. I'd love to get paired with someone who can. Taught myself how to knit, but haven't tried the crochet yet. Can't wait to get partners. I <3 this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009 04:01:31 AM »

This morning in Knitty Gritty they were basically making larger dishcloths in some really excellent patterns.  Definitely go check it out.  These are just wonderful.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5419611,00.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...