A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
223 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cup Of Coffee and Coaster  (Read 2453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
crochetmonkey

I'm ape over crocheting lol

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2008 11:44:58 PM »

I saw this coffe mug on this site and thought it was cute. I made the coffee mug but couldnt do the handle so I went to another site for the handle and did that handle on that site the only thing that I did different on the handle part is instead of chaining 12 I chained 20 and followed the pattern as writen. The coaster I made 5 of them but I only put 1 on here. I got the coaster pattern from crochet central patterns.

Here is the site for mug.

http://melindascrochetbits.blogspot.com/2007/07/copyright-227-all-rights-reserved.html

Here is the site for handle rember I chained 20 instead of 12

http://crochetme.com/patterns/get-grip-your-can-man

The coaster like I said came from crochet central patterns dont rember site sorry

My hubby really loved the coffee mug he thought it was cute. Im hopeing I can some how some way make this in to a toliet tissue cover. Because there was one that I saw some were that I liked but the chain kept turning on me when i put it in a cirlcle not a expert on big circle chains lol hope u know what I mean. Will here are my pics of what I did hope u like them.

pic of coffee cup

pic of coaster

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008 11:48:20 PM by crochetmonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ebonettecrochette

Green is glorious and grand!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009 08:01:38 PM »

I really like the set.  I need to make one of those sets for my desk at work. I drink a LOT of coffee and thoroughly enjoy my morning cup(s) of java so this would be very fitting for me to do for myself. How long did it take you to finish the project from start to finish?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochetmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009 10:20:49 PM »

I really like the set.  I need to make one of those sets for my desk at work. I drink a LOT of coffee and thoroughly enjoy my morning cup(s) of java so this would be very fitting for me to do for myself. How long did it take you to finish the project from start to finish?
The cup it only took me 3 hours but it was hard to do the handle to the pattern so went to another site for handle and it went real fast. the coaster I got from crochet pattern central here is the site for coaster and they work up fast as well,
http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/HomeDec/SB149-005+Coasters.htm
Thank u for ur comment I really appricate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
croknit76
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009 08:02:44 AM »

I realize this is an old thread but wanted to say that I am glad you like my pattern. After reading your post I will have to check out the handle part. I may have miss typed it or something but anyway thanks for trying out my pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetmonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009 11:15:58 AM »

Wow lol ya this is a old post but glad u found it. I dont think your handle was the problem. I think it was just me I might of read it wrong. and couldnt do it. so that is why I hopped on another cups coffee handle. But I do love the pattern made one for my mom and sister. they have them on there desk at work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...