A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
231 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Plastic Bag Purgatory.....  (Read 6384 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

mavans
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009 03:37:23 PM »

i'm trying to come up with for my brownie troop to do using those plastic bags as a project for earth day.

they are ages 7-9. any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
soorawn
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009 09:04:04 AM »

You can make strips and braid them together.  Then take a bunch of eight and tie them together at one end.  Turn the bunch "inside out" so that they are still together but the knot is hidden, then with another strip tie them again in the middle.  Attach a pair of eyes with glue and you have a funky octopus.  It's just an idea, you may want to turn it around and make variations for better results.  I did this with cotton yarn when I was a kid and I loved the toy, kept it for years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
soorawn
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009 08:17:11 AM »

Sorry for the double post, but I am so excited!  I have been learning so much since I found this forum, and today I've tried two of the techniques I discovered here, combined.  I came up with this:

The all-recycled make-up bag!
The zipper was rescued from an old bag I had to throw away.  The material is fused plastic; this morning I gave it a try, I still need practice to get good material but the clear plastic with the fruits on top of the supermarket's came up nice.  The bag, which I made with the help of a tute from the bags section, is far from perfect... but I love it!  Cheesy
Now I have to find a way of using it... I keep collecting little bags of all sorts without even noticing!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
Platinum Fox
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2009 09:18:14 PM »

I have made dog beds and cat beds, using an old pillowcase or scrap fabric, stuffed with plastic bags - deliberately for the rustling.  I make a polar fleece cover with a zipper so the bed can be washed.  The dogs and cats seem to love them, and they do retain body heat.  It uses up a lot of Wal Mart bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angelmouse
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009 02:39:08 PM »

It probably won't use many, but you can make beads from old plastic bags - and beads have a fantastic amount of uses!

There's a rough tutorial here....
http://craftydaisies.com/2007/07/18/recycling-plastic-bags/

Which also gives reference to the knitted bag stuff too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yeamon
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010 11:49:31 PM »

I'm so jealous, I tried this but it just wouldnt work for me! I guess I'll have to practise more and more
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups
@Home This Weekend: Remote Caddy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Rhumba Earrings

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...