A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 321,361
Currently Running With Scissors:
103 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 107
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: 2009 12" Squares (w/pattern links)  (Read 113341 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Junior_Mint

Must eat all the Pocky!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2009 10:22:03 AM »

Another cute square.  I agree though, a blanket just out of Jan squares would be awesome!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michele Leigh
Bookworm, Crocheter, X-Stitcher & Quilter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2009 11:16:59 AM »

Finished mine last night.  It's in shades of yellow and red (well obviously)  Hmmmm I thought it was all worsted weight from the same project I made a few years ago, but I ended up needing two different hook sizes.  I got through all the yellow with size 5mm (US H) but when I went to add the first red the yarn felt thicker, and as I worked up the row it started to wave a bit, then more as I started the last red row, so I ripped it all out (is that frogging?  I've never heard that term before) and went down to a 4.5mm hook for the 2 reds, so now it lays flat and is ta-da... 12" Smiley

Well I tried to add the picture, but I haven't posted 10 times yet....  so here is a link instead.   Maybe after a few more posts I'll come back and add it lol 

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2225&id=573976479&saved#/photo.php?pid=2338224&id=573976479
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michele

Please be patient with me, I'm just getting the hang of how I lost my mind...
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
SewHelpMe
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2009 11:42:47 AM »

I'm totally doing the happy dance!  I just finished my square.  It's 12-1/4", I have a wonky corner and it won't lay flat, but I can't believe I actually read the directions and made something this pretty!

I'm using those 1 pound skeins--the ones that probably make real crocheters and knitters cringe.  I wouldn't know good yarn if it came up and bit me in the tail.  Anyway, I used an H hook and had to add an extra row of double crochet to make it to size.

I may try this same block in the blue and white I have.  I can't wait for February!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
heini
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2009 11:53:08 AM »

I'm totally doing the happy dance!  I just finished my square.  It's 12-1/4", I have a wonky corner and it won't lay flat, but I can't believe I actually read the directions and made something this pretty!
Little bit of steam will fix that. Congratulations for your pretty square.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2009 12:55:01 PM »

For anyone who was wondering what the January square would look like in shades of pink:
https://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/January-03.JPG

I've posted this as a public service and not as proof of my weak will when it comes to this pattern.   Grin

Hah! You.Are.Killing.Me! Wink
I think you need a distraction... like the Granny's Daughters Swap Grin

SewHelpMe- Fantastic job! It came out wonderful! Good for you for sticking with it Wink

Michele Leigh- I hope you can post a pic! I just clicked on the link and I had to log in to Facebook (which is weird, because I clicked on another Facebook link earlier today and didn't need an account to view it... hmmm...). I'm looking forward to seeing it (I was going to grab it and post it here for you, but alas)...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2009 01:26:03 PM »

Well I only made 3 last year so maybe this year I can at least make 3 more! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie_C
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2009 01:28:04 PM »

I wanted to get started on this month's square already, but when I went to Michael's they were out of every single black yarn they had. Oh well, apparently they get their shipment in on Thursdays so I should be able to at least get started on this over the weekend.

It looks like a really pretty square though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2009 01:31:19 PM »

Well I only made 3 last year so maybe this year I can at least make 3 more! lol.

Oh, do join in! And, maybe this year, you'll get a bit further before life and its many intricacies get in the way Wink

I wanted to get started on this month's square already, but when I went to Michael's they were out of every single black yarn they had. Oh well, apparently they get their shipment in on Thursdays so I should be able to at least get started on this over the weekend.

It looks like a really pretty square though.

Bummer! That's what happens to me, too, when they put all of their yarn on sale! By the time I get there, there's nothing left that I need Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
worksuckscraftrules
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2009 01:39:54 PM »

Here's my effort:

Please excuse the un-woven in ends... I swear I'll do it by next month! Honest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

is it any coincidence that the word yearn is one letter away from being yarn?
Michele Leigh
Bookworm, Crocheter, X-Stitcher & Quilter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2009 01:41:01 PM »

Michele Leigh- I hope you can post a pic! I just clicked on the link and I had to log in to Facebook (which is weird, because I clicked on another Facebook link earlier today and didn't need an account to view it... hmmm...). I'm looking forward to seeing it (I was going to grab it and post it here for you, but alas)...

Opps, I had the album set for only my friends to view it, I have changed it to everyone so it should work now.  I also have it uploaded to my Craftser gallery if you know how to look at that.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michele

Please be patient with me, I'm just getting the hang of how I lost my mind...
"A room without books is like a body without a soul." -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 107 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...