A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 314,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
274 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wine Cork Cork Board  (Read 8798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Shana82
« on: December 22, 2008 03:12:44 PM »

I work as a server at a restaurant here in Miami (we were in Food and Wine Mag this month - yay!) and one of the perks is all the wine corks you can collect.  I decided a few weeks ago that I needed to do something with some of my stash for the blank wall in the dining room...so cork board it was.  I laid this out with three patterns before settling on this one (of course the most difficult).  The frame is covered in wine labels that I glued on with tacky glue then mod podged to finish. I really like it...I almost don't want to put anything on it.  I have some plans for some more wine cork art for the other wall as well Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JLMS
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008 06:28:00 PM »

This is great. I made one 25 years ago, and it still looks good and is holding up well. I just use it as a decoration, not as a "cork board", though. I hated to think all the corks were going in the trash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
newyorkdoll
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008 09:44:20 PM »

Such a good idea! I'm a server in NYC and I always save the corks of the obscenely expensive wine we serve (I don't know about anyone else, but a few hundred dollars for a bottle of wine is a little bit out of my just-graduated-from-college-and-can't-find-the-job-I-want-in-this-damn-recession budget.) LOVE this idea! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
Shana82
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008 10:45:13 PM »

yeah...as I was putting it together we were joking about some of the wine represented on there...there are at least 4 Opus corks and a few other pretty highly allocated cabs and pinots as well.  Nothing that I can afford to drink but its fun to see on the board Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

darkangelwingz
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010 08:39:19 PM »

awesome, It is great that you have access to so many wine corks.  I am working on a wine cork wreath and have been collecting corks for over a year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Germanica

Martha Stewart powers - ACTIVATE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010 07:03:10 PM »

How did you attach the corks to the board so they stay stuck? Hot glue seems like it would eventually peel off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Condo Blues http://condo-blues.blogspot.com/ Green living, crafts, decor and dogs from the Frugal Green DIY Diva.

Lazy Budget Chef http://lazybudgetchef.blogspot.com Real food, real quick, for real budgets

Follow me on Twitter! @condoblues
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Cool Pupcicles for Hot Dogs
Tute Tuesday: Flower Crown
Tiny House

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...