A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,632
Currently Running With Scissors:
159 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Valentine's "classroom" card exchange?  (Read 6406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lmcbride
It's business time.

Now where did I put my glasses...?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 20, 2008 08:04:27 AM »

We have signups posted!

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284973.0

This will be a swap in which everyone makes one card for everyone else in the swap, just like in elementary school where you brought in a card for everyone in the class.  Or, we could divide all the swappers into two groups if people prefer that.  You can make whatever kinds of cards you are inspired to make, as plain or as fancy as you'd like.  You can make them production-line style.  The only rule is to make something that you would like to receive!  Any materials are acceptable although I expect papercrafts might rule this swap.  No stalking required.  Whatever style you like to make is fine - jokes, doily-victorian, sappy, corny, goofy, fun, dark, anatomical, creepy-cute, whatever floats your boat. 

If you are in love and want to share the joy, this swap is for you.
If you are broken-hearted and want to know that someone out there cares, this swap is for you.

If you like hearts of any kind, if you like red, if you love to receive mail, if you love to send mail, if you love to make cards, if you can appreciate all kinds of cards...this swap is pretty much for anyone and everyone.

I'm thinking to open for sign-ups in the first week of January and have the send-out date be around February 5 or so.

Any takers? Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008 03:27:12 PM by Lmcbride - Reason: added signup link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008 09:55:36 AM »

aw, this sounds fab! i miss getting valentine cards in school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008 11:21:00 AM »

Oh, super fun!!!  I bet I could use glitter in this swap, right?  (extra bonus!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
cclewis05
What matters is not the length of the wand, but the magic in the stick.~*Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008 01:12:52 PM »

I love making and sending cards but my crafty plate is Fully!  Cry  Seems like lots of fun though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors.
-- Jim Morrison
Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008 03:12:51 PM »

That's a big hell yes on the glitter! Wink 

Making Valentine's Day cards was one of the very first crafty things I remember doing!  And getting to hear my name called out like 23 times, and to go up and get my card each time was so awesome!  Like woo hoo, somebody likes me, yay!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008 09:07:42 PM »

I've been thinking about this, and getting more and more excited about it.  I'm generally not huge on valentines day, because me and my hubby sorta view it as a "hallmark holiday"...made up to make card companies lots of money...but MAKING valentines cards would be sending homemade love, AND wrecking hallmark's bottom line, and so it is doubly awesome.

Plus, I can use glittler.  Lmcbride said so. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
annacharlotte
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008 07:12:39 AM »

This sounds super fun.  I looove making Valentine's, and being at a, shall we say, "mixed" romantic juncture in my life, lots of Valentine mail sounds fabu. 

About how many cards would we be making?  I would do between 5-10...more would be pushing it for me, timewise, because I KNOW I can't limit myself to just one design.  But I would love to do this! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008 12:26:22 PM »

Wrecking Hallmark's bottom line - Amen to that sister!

How many cards would we each make....that would depend on how many people sign up.  If we get 3 people to sign up we'll each make 2 cards. Wink  I would limit the number of swappers to 24 which I think is the limit before you need to get a co-organizer (I think?) BUT in the interest of keeping it manageable for everyone, I'm willing to figure out a way to allow each person to specify their maximum number of cards that they'd want to make.  We can make it work somehow.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008 12:47:43 PM »

Um, I'm in!  First of all, Lmcbride is organizing, and she's a totally rockin' organizer.

Second of all, VALENTINES!!  Like, HELLO! 

OK, enough valley girl speak.  I just loved making them when I was little, and I still make one for my hubby each year (if anyone's interested I'll show you the one from two years ago - last year's was boring, but 2007 was kind of risque) and it's too much fun to limit it to HIM.  He appreciates them, but you'd appreciate them more.  Wink

I'm totally in.

Edit:  I've never been in a swap where we didn't use DC#s (like the PostSecret swap, etc.), but we clearly wouldn't be able to use them for this one... so would that make a difference for how many we're sending out?  I'd hate to send 15-20 and not have any way to keep track of them. Sad
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008 12:49:23 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ursulaandolive

ursulaandolive.etsy.com

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008 12:48:21 PM »

I like the sound of this swap.  I loved getting all thos valentines in school and I loved making them!

I might have to consider joining this swap! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Grok Spock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Sausage and Veggie Foil Pouch
@Home This Weekend: Doily Display
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...