A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 320,894
Currently Running With Scissors:
142 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: origami ornaments  (Read 3095 times)
Tags for this thread: origami  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

foldsomething
« on: December 19, 2008 03:56:30 PM »

Here are a few ornaments that I made.  I call them ornaments, but you can hang them as decorations any time of year. 

You can't talk about origami with out bringing up these things...  I made the hook with a paper clip.  If you're interested in learning how to make a paper crane, you can go here

The red & white ring and the blue & white 8 point star are actually the same fold (they can transform!)  *I just posted a video of how to make the 8 point stars on my website*

Paper balloons of various sizes...  It was tricky installing the paperclip loop on these... they're so delicate. 

Here are some peace doves... maybe I could hot glue an olive branch into their beaks.  You can learn how to make these here
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008 02:39:27 PM by foldsomething » THIS ROCKS   Logged

foldsomething.com
...one fold at a time
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008 08:39:39 PM »

awesome! Ive always wanted to learn origami
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
flyhull
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008 06:23:02 AM »

This is not strictly origami but it involves folding and paper.  If you go to http://easyphotocube.com you can make a pattern for a paper photocube with a photo and or message on each side.  If you tape a thread to the inside of the cube after you cut it out but before you fold and assemble it you will have a hangable ornament whne you are done.  One is already at their gallery.  Since you can email links to the patterns and they can contain messages, the photo cubes can serve as a greeting or last minute holiday cards as well.  If you think that this should go into another section, please put it there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
foldsomething
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008 08:13:50 AM »

This is not strictly origami but it involves folding and paper...
The term "origami" seems to mean different things to different people... there's the very strict / conservative "one square sheet with no cuts" to the super liberal "anything where paper (and sometimes non-paper) might be folded." 
I tend to use my own hybrid definition...
  • one or multiple sheets of paper (or paper-like material)
  • folding is emphasized over cutting when making shapes... though cutting is a necessary evil at times... lol
With that said, I wouldn't call your link origami, but it's still kind of a cool idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foldsomething.com
...one fold at a time
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Breakfast Taco
@Home This Weekend: Sun Catcher
Tute Tuesday: Passport Wallet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...