A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
238 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CRAFTSMAS 2008 - TONS OF PICS!  (Read 6270 times)
Tags for this thread: ornament  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2008 10:54:46 PM »

So... we're broke Sad Like, don't know how we're gonna pay for rent on the 1st - broke.

I MADE EVERYTHING for Christmas.

Starting off with poly clay thingies: The gingerbreads are magnets, the altoids tin holds the magnets, the bear is an ornament (inspired by someone on here that makes AWESOME poly clay portal thigies) and vegetables for the "I spy" bag I made for my cousin's kid:

The "I spy" bag:

Now some things I sewed: Sock monkeys, pot holders with happy junk food, and a heat pad where the white pocket comes out so you can wash the outer part:

Little make up bags I made to house my soaps Smiley

Here's the story of the bad shorts: I cut them, sewed them wrong, then cut them again (I don't know why). I had to add a butt panel. Let me tell you, but panels are never a good thing.

Sooooo I reconned a shirt instead and made her some better pants Smiley

I also made her an eye pillow:

Jewelry for boyfriends mom and grandma:

Soaps and lotions and shower gels:

All packaged up!

AAAAAAND COOKIES OMG COOKIES BLARGHAJHRKSJAHDXN

136 cookies.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinky Yarn
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008 11:09:03 PM »

WOW. I would so love to be on your gift-giving list! Everything is amazing. Awesome job! I LOVE your vegetables.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
Seriphina
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008 11:14:16 PM »

Amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
newyorkdoll
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008 11:29:20 PM »

I'd rather these gifts than store bought ones any day! You should be majorly proud of yourself, these are great gifts. I especially love the ispy bag and the great details of the Altoid tin! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
KatBerry
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008 03:22:54 AM »

Super awesome!
I tried to make most of my gifts this year as well. It seems as tho everyone is strapped for cash these days.

The handmade gifts are always the funnest and most thoughtful anyway. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coo coo kachoo! Grin
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Be kind to yourself

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008 04:38:43 AM »

I am sorry that cash is tight, and for so many people, but it has really stimulated your creativity, your stuff is amazing, much much better than store bought. Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love a personal swap with yo
krzma13
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008 05:46:10 AM »

I am in the same boat financially... I am so impressed by everything you made. I LOVE your I spy bag. It is adorable... and the fabric from your potholders is beyond adorable and I am jealous that I do not have any. Great detail on the veggies and the altoids tin. Everyone will love the gifts.

And good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind ~ Dr. Seuss *
xperimentl
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008 07:54:42 AM »

Is there anything you can't do?  Clay, sewing, soaps, and baking...I'm impressed and I'm sure your family and friends will be, too.  Now take some time for yourself and put your feet up.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008 08:27:55 AM »

WOW. I would so love to be on your gift-giving list! Everything is amazing. Awesome job! I LOVE your vegetables.  Smiley

Thanks! Yeah my dad was like "I can't believe you spent so much time on them and they're in a bag of beans. They should be on display." Made me feel happy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meepum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008 08:32:42 AM »

Amazing.
Thank you XD

I'd rather these gifts than store bought ones any day! You should be majorly proud of yourself, these are great gifts. I especially love the ispy bag and the great details of the Altoid tin! Grin

Aww thank you! I just hope everyone appreciates them - my family is kinda materialistic :/

Super awesome!
I tried to make most of my gifts this year as well. It seems as tho everyone is strapped for cash these days.

The handmade gifts are always the funnest and most thoughtful anyway. Cheesy

Yeah I like hand made gifts. No body I know really does that though except for my best friend. Haha!

I am sorry that cash is tight, and for so many people, but it has really stimulated your creativity, your stuff is amazing, much much better than store bought. Well done.

Thanks! Yeah it seems EVERYONE knows someone that's been laid off around here - the previous job my bf had at Yahoo they just laid off the whole department - like 1500 people right after he quit to go back to his other job... our friend lost his job :/

I am in the same boat financially... I am so impressed by everything you made. I LOVE your I spy bag. It is adorable... and the fabric from your potholders is beyond adorable and I am jealous that I do not have any. Great detail on the veggies and the altoids tin. Everyone will love the gifts.

And good luck.

Thank you so much! Yeah money kinda sucks. :/

The altoids tin took forever!

Is there anything you can't do?  Clay, sewing, soaps, and baking...I'm impressed and I'm sure your family and friends will be, too.  Now take some time for yourself and put your feet up.  Smiley

Haha I'm SUPERWOMAN! lol Yeah I just love to create - it's like I have this NEED to create things... it's weird haha

Thank you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...