A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
217 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Notre Dame monogram pillow  (Read 6975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Miss American Pie
« on: December 15, 2008 04:39:44 PM »

I made this pillow for my friend's dorm. His futon isn't very comfy, so hopefully I'll be able to use it whenever I hang out there. selfish? probably... but I don't think he got me anything for christmas anyway...  Wink

a photo on my hot pink chair.

and I tried to take a close-up of the stitching. It's just plain old cotton with a zig-zag stitch, so it will probably start to fray right away, but I don't think he will mind too much.

Well, I hope he likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss American Pie
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008 09:33:39 PM »

no comments?  Sad Well I gave it to him today and he loved it. Also, turns out he did get me a present-- he baked me cookies.  Smiley

I didn't really mention that I made it, so I don't know if it's obvious or not... it'll probably come up at some point later, but I feel like I should have mentioned it at least. anyone else ever wonder whether or not they should say if something's home-made?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boogaloo

mine is an evil meow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008 03:11:06 PM »

That's a very nice present! You've given me a great idea for my mom's birthday. She's a huge University of Oregon fan and something like this would be perfect for her "Duck Room"

I'm never sure about pressing the homemade issue. Unfortunately with most of my presents, it's quite obvious that they're homemade.  Tongue

Good job again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
damn the man
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009 08:45:37 PM »

it looks so nice! my boyfriend would flip if i made one of these for him.. he's a huge notre dame fan! did you hand sew the ND on or machine sew?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss American Pie
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009 11:38:47 AM »

I machine stitched it, but there were a couple places where I screwed up a little but I didn't bother to fix them until after I sewed it together and stuffed it. So I had to repair the errors by hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sanourra
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009 08:05:51 AM »

This totally rocks!  My co-worker has been bugging me to make him a Notre Dame banner.  Mebbe I can get away with a pillow instead, eh? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
armywife0423
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009 09:31:51 AM »

My brother is a huge ND fan. Did you do the logo yourself or can you purchase it somewhere? I would love to be able to make something like this for him too. What a great gift idea!!
Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alisha
Germanica

Martha Stewart powers - ACTIVATE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009 06:03:24 PM »

I'd casually tell your friend that you made this pillow because he might want to buy one for someone else at the bookstore. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Condo Blues http://condo-blues.blogspot.com/ Green living, crafts, decor and dogs from the Frugal Green DIY Diva.

Lazy Budget Chef http://lazybudgetchef.blogspot.com Real food, real quick, for real budgets

Follow me on Twitter! @condoblues
Pirate4Hire
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2009 10:32:01 AM »

Its so nicley done! Let him know you made it! you crafty diva you! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ariethine
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009 09:29:23 PM »

Yeah... my dad is a huge fan... I might just have to do something like that for him. And you should definitely tell him. It's not about pressing the issue, it's about showing you care. Hey, he baked you cookies didn't he? That's homemade. It seems like it would be a little awkward now, but just bring up the issue something like, "Is the notredame pillow holding up alright? I've never made anything like it before so I wasn't sure if it would fray or not." Idk.
You did an amazing job on it though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Backpack For Your Dog
Tute Tuesday: Insulated Lunch Sack
Take a Bath!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...