A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,261
Currently Running With Scissors:
117 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felted wool scrap trinket bracelets  (Read 1602 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

tickleagangster
« on: December 15, 2008 09:41:47 AM »

Here is a pic of my daughter wearing the felted scrap bracelets. It's raining here, so by the time she gets back from school, they might be handcuffs! LOL

With the left over scraps from all the wool hats, I made bracelets using felted wool, beads, hemp twine and thrift store toys and baubles.

This last one is made from a beautiful blue vintage mohair sweater and a vintage metal work pin! My favorite!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 01:06:20 PM by tickleagangster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
KMOM13
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008 11:12:01 AM »

They are very interesting and original; think you would get more comments and compliments if all of the items were modeled on a person then take pictures as it is hard to visualize exactly what they would look like on a person but from what I visualize, they would look great and one-of-a-kind.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008 11:18:26 AM by KMOM13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tickleagangster
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008 11:27:38 AM »

They are very interesting and original; think you would get more comments and compliments if all of the items were modeled on a person then take pictures as it is hard to visualize exactly what they would look like on a person but from what I visualize, they would look great and one-of-a-kind.

Thank you! I'll have my daughter model them. I think that they're cute but it's good to get comments to see if they are actually wearable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickleagangster
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009 06:50:47 PM »

Well, I quess these weren't as cool as I thought! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristij1201
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009 10:02:39 PM »

i think they are a lot of fun.  not something i would wear everyday, but maybe to a party.  nice job reusing materials!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009 07:41:11 AM »

I think these are cool. 

In my old age *ahem* I can't wear bracelets anymore.  The feeling of them on my wrists just bugs me.  But I used to wear a ton of bracelets, and would definitely have worn these with them!

They are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, and that is what makes them fantastic!  It's a great original idea and you've reused things that would've otherwise been tossed out.

I think they are swell.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!
Meatless Monday: Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi Bake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...