A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,626
Currently Running With Scissors:
214 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Awesomely Cute, Reversable and Double Function Laptop Sleeve  (Read 1964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

rhawny
« on: December 11, 2008 06:36:25 AM »

It's a friend's 18th birthday next week and the poor thing has just broken up with her boyfriend so she's a little down.  I was originally planning to simply buy her some alcohol as per the Australian tradition of booze for the 18th but I figured she needed a little extra love.

To this end I present the quintessential university student accessory: "the awesomely cute, reversable and double function laptop sleeve".

For the basic pattern and reversability I borrowed directions from http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Reversible-Laptop-Sleeve/ ... which I promptly misread and subsequently spent a while unpicking stitches.  Since the two fabrics I wanted to use were just thin cotton prints I added padding between the layers at the end. Tip: if you want to do the same, make the last seam you close the top of the flap.  You'll thank me.

Now without further ado!

modelled by my lovely physics text book, isn't she just looking stunning today?

mildly paranoid that the straps won't be long enough to fit the laptop itself... it's borderline according to the dimensions of her laptop supplied by laptop reviews (my physics book is the same height, slightly less wide and thicker than the laptop so I'm hoping the reason for strain in this is the overly detailed magnetics chapter)

view of the back as well as the sparkly butterfly fabric I found

The bonus of this sleeve is the padding makes it a perfect pillow for those boring 8am maths lectures!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunshinekitty1
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008 07:09:02 AM »

I love this! What a great friend you are!  I absolutely adore that heart skull fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
binchen

knitting is addicting.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008 07:43:11 AM »

Awesome!
My laptop is quite envious. Maybe it will come over and steel your laptop sleeve to wear it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhawny
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008 06:44:03 PM »

Haha sadly my laptop is still naked. I've been meaning to do something similar for myself but I'm just too picky about fabric!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
UnusualGiftsFor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008 05:17:03 PM »

That looks great! I really like the heart fabric also, Where did you find it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhawny
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008 08:08:54 PM »

I found it at Spotlight in Australia.  I'm sorry I can't help if you're elsewhere Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...