A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
128 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Probably the Easiest Best Fudge Ever  (Read 5383 times)
Tags for this thread: fudge  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
McJulie-O
« on: December 10, 2008 11:37:38 AM »

I needed 4 dozen of something for a Cookie Swap and found this Fudge recipe, which turned out to be Amazingly Easy and So Delicious, especially when I used the microwave instead of a double boiler! When I cut it into manageable size pieces (about 1/2" cubes), it made over 6 dozen, so it is definitely a KEEPER!

Super-Easy Chocolate Fudge http://southernfood.about.com/od/fudgerecipes/r/r71221c.htm
By Diana Rattray, About.com
This easy chocolate fudge is a snap to make with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and a little butter. If you use the microwave to heat the mixture, be sure to stir it frequently until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is well blended.
Ingredients:
   1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
   2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
   1 cup milk chocolate chips (6 ounces)
   2 tablespoons butter
   1 teaspoon vanilla
   1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional

Lightly grease a 9-inch square pan; line with a piece of plastic wrap about 18 to 24 inches in length, leaving the ends out to cover the finished fudge. The ends will also serve as "handles" which will help you lift the fudge out of the pan.
Heat the condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and vanilla in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts, if using; pour into the prepared pan. Spread gently then cover lightly with the ends of the plastic wrap. Chill until firm. Lift out of the pan and cut into small squares.

I couldn't find my 9" square pan so I used 2 bread loaf pans: this is one of the loaves.

This recipe is the real deal! So good, and so easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ms Jameson
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008 11:55:23 AM »

Looks yummy!  And so pretty with the wrappers and doily!

I agree this is easy too.  I can never get my marshmallow fudge to set up.  another variation I have made is this:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Candy-Cane-Fudge/Detail.aspx?prop31=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008 12:20:51 PM »

Looks yummy!  And so pretty with the wrappers and doily!

I agree this is easy too.  I can never get my marshmallow fudge to set up.  another variation I have made is this:
That one looks spectacular, too! And easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rae-mazing

But it's better if you do.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008 03:06:46 PM »

Oh, yum! My mouth is watering looking at those. Looks like a trip to the store is in order....thanks for the recipe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! I always need fabric, findings/notions, and cute handmade things!

www.wastedwishes.etsy.com

www.wastedwishes.blogspot.com
McJulie-O
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008 03:44:27 PM »

Oh, yum! My mouth is watering looking at those. Looks like a trip to the store is in order....thanks for the recipe!
That was part of the amazingness of it all. I already had everything needed to make the recipe! ........Except for the square pan...but, you know, considering the thickness of the hot mixture, I don't believe you need a pan at all, just spread it out in an even thickness on a sheet of plastic wrap on a cutting board and let it cool..... Voila!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancindharma
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008 03:52:18 PM »

Thanks for sharing the recipe!  I found some really cute Christmas tins at the dollar store and was trying to figure out something to put in them!  I could line the tins with some wax paper and fill them with fudge!  I think it'd be a nice hostess gift.  Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenn Smiley

My friend, Emily, is giving away free lesson on how to make a boutique girls hair bow.  Get your free hairbow lesson at http://www.LearnHowToMakeBows.com

Submit Your Craft Video and Win $300.00
http://www.CraftsContest.weebly.com
JLMS
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008 05:04:26 PM »

I love this fudge and have made it for years. I make a variation on it, though. Use all milk chocolate chips, and use slmond extract instead of vanilla. Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008 05:09:23 PM »

I love this fudge and have made it for years. I make a variation on it, though. Use all milk chocolate chips, and use slmond extract instead of vanilla. Yum!

I was wondering if almond extract would make a difference! Looks like I may be making another batch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2008 09:45:47 PM »

I can never get my marshmallow fudge to set up.  another variation I have made is this:

We make this recipe during the holidays. It is delicious!!! We use a full tsp. of peppermint extract & 1 box of 12 candy canes crushed is the perfect amount. Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
McJulie-O
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008 07:15:27 AM »

Thanks for sharing the recipe!  I found some really cute Christmas tins at the dollar store and was trying to figure out something to put in them!  I could line the tins with some wax paper and fill them with fudge!  I think it'd be a nice hostess gift.  Thanks again!
Oh, yes! This would be a great gift....

Or you could make the chocolate-cherry gift mice... https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=69486.0

but the fudge, of course, is a bit less time consuming....
And a LOT less FRAGILE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...