A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
309 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need some fancy dress inspiration - Christmas themed party tomorrow! eek!  (Read 970 times)
Tags for this thread: christmas_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
JessMeg

JessMeg Designs

View Profile WWW
« on: December 04, 2008 04:35:08 AM »

Hey,

Basically I know I've left it quite late.. i.e. VERY late, but tomorrow I've got a Christmas fancy dress party and nothing to wear.. except maybe a santa hat and some red shoes (depends my mum managed to post it in time!)

I don't have a lot of options here because I'm at uni, so a poor student and also there aren't many shops nearby (no car, got lectures etc).  I'd really appreciate any ideas! obviously I have basic/normal clothes but no christmas fancy dress. Any ideas on what I can generate with not a lot?!

I have a simple sewing kit, a printer and umm.. that's about it! I'm pretty sure I'll have a santa hat if that helps with anything.. I do have some other fancy dress items but none of that is really suitable - purple bat wings, pirate hat, face paint (random colours and then army), umm.. that's about it really!

Sorry I'm being really vague and not very helpful but I'd really appreciate your guys' help!

Thank you so much and if you have any ideas at all please post (even if you think they're silly)!
Jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer clay and Glass Jewellery:
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/jessmeg90

Stuff for sale:
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/jessmeg90

Personal swap friendly Smiley
Aislynn
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008 04:49:13 AM »

Do you have a green dress?  Or green skirt and blouse?  Last year, we had a costume party for Christmas with several games...one of them involved dressing up one of the non-costumed people as a Christmas tree.  We used tinsel garland to wrap around her, and then hung ornaments from it, and her clothes.  It actually ended up being rather cute.  You could do a theme on this.  Or, if you've got access to tinfoil, and white or black clothing, you could fashion yourself as a snowflake?  White card stock would help with this, too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...