A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
138 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Target Mittens/Gloves/Warmers  (Read 579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
the_talk
« on: November 20, 2008 09:25:21 PM »

Sooo ladies! I was at Target and saw these...

they seem fairly easy to knit, but I'm not quite sure how to star or do the cabling. Any help??

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sassy-pants
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008 09:56:38 PM »

I can't really tell from the picture, but the cable looks like either a horseshoe cable, or a 6-st, twist every 8 rows cable.

Are these gloves or mittens or do they not have a hand part at all? Can you find them online, maybe, so we could get a better idea so we can guide you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
the_talk
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008 08:09:24 AM »

They are wrist warmers, I think that's what you would call them.

There is no top,t he bottom looks ribbed, as does the top. And they are about from the knuckles to about 3 inches below the wrist.

Target is charging $12 for these, obsurd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sassy-pants
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008 08:29:32 AM »

Aha!  Okay.  Here's what I would do...

Take a look at the pattern for Fetching on Knitty.  Sort of follow that, as far as a basic guide and maybe for the thumb.  Then do a 1x1 rib at the cuff, then start the cable pattern, do that till right before your knuckles, then do the rib for an inch or inch and a half again.  I that'd be pretty close Smiley 

Looks like any worsted weight yarn would work pretty well, though I'd spring for something really yummy and warm, which would probably make those more expensive than 12 bucks >.< oh well!  My guess is that about 100 to 130 yards would get you through a pair pretty easily.

You could also take that idea and use a different cable...check out the internet for different cable pattern ideas.  There are some really pretty ones, you wouldn't have to be restricted to what was on the rack at Target!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!

Visit my blog to keep up on all of the crafting, cooking, and craziness that goes on!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...