A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 320,814
Currently Running With Scissors:
203 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where to sell? (BC and AB)  (Read 2621 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

ktwigs
« on: March 07, 2005 07:36:17 PM »

Hello , I'm new to the forum. First of all I must say what a gem this site is!! Full of such great ideas and creative ppl!! I a Canadian living in Asia and will be coming back to Canada this August.  I have been making jewelery for the past few years; earrings, necklaces, bracelets, ankelts  and love it!!

I was wondering if anyone would know how I could come about selling my stuff, in AB or BC and where I should go (any festivals, craftfairs, etc).

Thanks a lot!!
 Cheesy Ktwigs
THIS ROCKS   Logged
le vikki
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005 03:43:51 PM »

Well, in Edmonton there are tons of small shops that will consign or buy your jewlery. Try Nokomis, Mars and Venus and Orbit (same owner), and Ruckus on Whyte Avenue. Red Ribbon Gifts, Red Strap Market in the downtown...also The Artworks if your stuff is really professionally made and upscale.

Can anyone think of anything else?

Good Luck!
vikki
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktwigs
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005 05:31:23 PM »

THanks sooo much le vikki!  Grin That's a great idea to take my stuff to shops.  Is this what you do?  I mostly  specialize in jewelery with seashells, mostly from japan and south east asia!

I also wanted to say that I love your thrift shop guide! But I am unable to read the last few names of shops  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Galeeria
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005 10:32:00 AM »

;DHi.  My name is Linda & I own/operate the Galleria of Crafters & Artisans in Capilano Mall in Edmonton Alberta.  The Galleria is 7,000 square feet of craft, artisan, art, & holistics - and we never have enuff jewelry.  YYou can consign or rent square footage $3/sf, all inclusive.  If you're interested, send me an email so I can send you more info.  Galleria_Crafters.Artisans@shaw.ca
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linda
ktwigs
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005 12:31:09 AM »

Hi Galleria,

That sounds great. I am in Japan until the beginning of August.  Maybe we can cook somethin' up then? Domo Arigatoo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emma Peel

mmm, 80s bowie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005 07:50:56 PM »

There is a store in Calgary called Trend that sells stuff, but only on consignment, which I try to avoid.  There's one on 17th Ave, and one in Kensington.  Just call and make sure a manager is there, then bring some samples!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktwigs
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005 10:02:44 PM »

Thank you so much Sid!!  Grin great tips. Do you sell your jewellery too?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emma Peel

mmm, 80s bowie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005 04:54:11 PM »

I run a small business with my Mom and one of my sisters called Stellaluna Jewellery (www.stellaluna.ca).  I make high quality flower hair clips and pins.  I'm currently selling them at McNally Robinson in Saskatoon and Calgary; Sew & Home in Saskatoon; and Kismet in Calgary starting in May.

What kind of jewellery do you make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktwigs
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005 08:59:05 PM »

I make mostly jewellery. Necklaces, bracelets, anklets and earrings. I use lots of seashells and asian beads, which I've found here in the east.  Also I use hemp too!  I should start posting my creations soon...

Sid, are you making much money selling to shops? Or are craft fairs better??

Thanks!
Ktwigs Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emma Peel

mmm, 80s bowie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005 01:07:12 PM »

I haven't been to any craft fairs yet, so I couldn't really say.  It feels better money-wise to just make a sale to a shop than to do consignment because then you can stop thinking about it, and you get your money right away.

We do the show where all the buyers go - it's called Mode Accessories.  But even that has its downsides!

...Good thing it's fun!  Do you have any pictures of your jewellery up?  It sounds nice!    Smiley
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005 10:32:40 PM by Sid » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktwigs
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005 11:28:05 PM »

Sid, I've posted some of my stuff in the jewlery and trinkets forum. Please let me know what you think. I come back to Canada at the end of July - I'M so EXCITED! I will try to go into the shops like you've suggested.

Thanks a bunch !

ktwigs  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
.tiaraly.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006 06:47:57 PM »

If shops don't work out for you, you can always go to flea markets. I know that there's one in Abbotsford (BC), and another by Powell River(BC). Sorry I can't be more help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: The Red, White, and Blue
May 23, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Candy Wrapper Bracelet

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...