A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
174 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i want to be pale! please offer recipes...  (Read 9199 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005 06:19:07 PM »

In general, I wouldn't recommend using makeup either, but then, I'm really more the type of person who wants to look...healthy...  But on occasion, I've really wanted that fresh-from-the-grave look, WITHOUT looking like I put on a bunch of white makeup.  Mixing it with moisturizing cream really helps.  You can even mix a little white makeup with your favorite foundation.  Cut it about 1 part white to 4 parts foundation.  Really, though, if your goal is to look as though you never see the sun, I think the nickname "spooky girl" will probably come with or without the use of makeup.  But then, I'm old.  Almost 30 even.  The closer you get to death, the less you want to look like you're already there.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
unsunshine_69
smarter than your average bear

oh no... she's not a secret now

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005 01:16:40 AM »

i agree with everyone else about the sunscreen. keep it on, and keep in the shade, do that for a year or two and you will be as pale as your natural skin tone will allow- plus at 50 your skin will make you look years younger you'll be thanking yourself then, believe me.  if you've been sunburnt or exposed to the sun without it on, i've always found that applying aloe or vitamin e cream every day helped my skin recover the quickest, b/c  a tan after all is just the result of your skin being fried to a crisp. and as far as makeup goes, i've always found tinted moisturizers, or natural look foundations to be the best at blending in without spending lots of cash, and loreal also makes a solid foundation called feel naturele that i prefer to true match, it doesn't do that weird micro-sparkle thing in the sun and it blends in without noticable colour, just covers up the flaws.

oh it's so nice to talk to other "sunscreeners" haha. i used to be called a pale freak in school, or get teased for my freckles, but i'm pretty proud that i'm the shade i am. i think it's classic and pretty. tanning is sooooo overrated anyways. who wants to turn orange for skin cancer? not me! and bleaching is weird and dangerous sounding too.  i say be proud of the colour you were given, whatever it may be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i would be lying if i wasn't trying
jujubecraftin
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005 01:33:53 AM »

I agree with everyone else, use sunscreen or a daily moisturizer with SPF.  I have slight hesitations about reccommending this though cause i've read that there is some questions arising about the safety of long term chemical sunscreen use.  But there are some face creams that provide natural protection, usually not more than 10 SPF, but probably good enough for daily sun exposure.  Also, in Asia all the girls use sun hats or parasols to block the sun from their skin. Basically just avoid sun exposure, well not alltogether cause you need the vitamins it provides, but limit the exposure of uncovered skin to it.  For lighter foundation, Shisheido makes lighter colors, you may want to look in Asian groceries/malls for this and other brands which make lighter colors than you find at the corner drugstores. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
auroravioletta
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005 04:26:59 PM »

i used to be called a pale freak in school, or get teased for my freckles, but i'm pretty proud that i'm the shade i am. i think it's classic and pretty.  i say be proud of the colour you were given, whatever it may be!

Hehe... I agree. Very classic, and very pretty. I must admit -- I go to great lengths whenever I wear makeup to use a color-corrector for every hint of red in my face, and never ever wear blush.

For a foundation, I've been using Cover Girl in Ivory (the second-palest they have), but I put it on very thinly, so I don't have a problem with orangey-ness. I find that the thicker it is, the orangey-er, but if you use a color-correcting concealer you don't need nearly as much. I use a mint-green concealer from physician's formula to cover up zits and redness and it leaves my skin nice and neutral looking when I blend it in. I barely need the foundation at all afterward. Of course I just found out they test on animals, just like just about every other major makeup brand, so I'm on the lookout now for something new. (I only recently started checking my cosmetics to see whether they do or don't so I'm facing a major overhaul of my purchasing habits :-P )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleCreature
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005 11:53:24 PM »

Have you tried exfoliating your skin? Whenever I get a "tan" I always use a sugar scrub that I make on it, and not only dose it make my skin soft it seems to make the tan fade quicker. I use this every time I take a shower and have only seen good side effects.

As for foundation I find that custom blend by perscriptives is the only way I can get a foundation that matches my skin and looks natural. I know it costs alot but I never leave the house without foundation on (i have vitaliago) so I would rather it look right.

I think I is funny when I hear of people trying to be paler. It takes me back to the old days when I would try to get a tan every weekend, and all I ended up doing was making myself look like one of those white and brown spotted cows Cheesy lol. I wont even go into the fake tanners  Grin

The recipe for the sugar scrub is about 2 cups sugar and about 1/4 olive oil. I don't actually measure, just add the 2 together until it forms a moist but not wet mixture.
Rub this on your skin after you use soap, and make sure that your skin is damp not drippy. Rinse off.
I then usually use soap again on the spots where I tend to break out like my face.
Then just get out of the shower and towel off, no need to use soap, and no need to use any lotion.

It may sound gross but give it a try. It gives me the softest skin I have ever had, I've never had an allergic reaction to it, and had no weird smells ect.

Hope this helps

THIS ROCKS   Logged
savethemanatees

reduce reuse recycle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005 12:11:30 AM »

im already pale enough but sometimes if i have blemish spots then ill stick some lemon juice on the spot and the blemish is highly reduced and the spot is a liitle paler... but it blends in bc im super pale.
my friend from thailand makes fun of me n says i glow... but i think i ctually do.... im always the first one found in hide and seek in the dark....

spf is def the way to go..... even tho i have a hard time understanding why people want a diff skin color..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OxMonkey
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2005 12:36:39 AM »

My mom swears by this...lettuce water!!  Just boil some water with a couple lettuce leaves in it, let it cool a bit and just wash your face with it!

Oh, and it's also good to cure insomnia!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyclamen
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2005 01:04:44 AM »

I really recommend mineral sunscreen.  I use the Alba Chemical Free SPF 30 - it's about four to eight dollars depending on where you get it at - Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Wegmans, Amazon...  I like it because I swear it makes your skin healthier and it doesn't make me greasy or break out like other sunscreens (even "oil free") do.  And it also has a slight whitish cast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005 10:18:21 PM »

i use alba too, one thing about 'physical' spf blockers is they tend to make your skin look whiter right when you put them on, so you might like that effect.  also, you'll probably need to apply twice a day if you are really trying to block sun effectively.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
JolieLaide
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005 09:47:10 PM »

Hey Lothruin, when using theater makeup, does it rub off on one's clothes? I'm going for an all over vampire look this Halloween, and I don't want white stains on my costume or my friends. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...