A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
140 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i want to be pale! please offer recipes...  (Read 9201 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
jlou
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2005 10:14:02 PM »

Pale girls represent!  After years of ridicule for my inability to tan, I've decided to make it my mission to make pale skin the thing.  Feel free to join me in my cause.  As for a makeup suggestion, Max Factor makes some very pale foundation shades.  Usually I'm good using the palest shade offered, but I went two or three shades up in the Max Factor chain (facefinity I think).  That was even far too pale for me.  Other than the color issue, I liked the makeup.  Might be worth checking out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005 11:17:16 PM »

Just an FYI I picked up years ago, if the foundations are too orange-y, go with a blue based color.  Just like in haircolor, some people need to use a cooler tone.

Not to be a broken-record, but it's what I know.  For discoloration spots (age spots, etc.) Avon makes a cream to help lighten them.  They also have some really great sunblocks that I've seen even the palest children use and not turn the least bit pink!  They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you get the wrong color or don't like the way it smells, feels, whatever - you can get your money back - even if you've used it a couple of times!  I'm not positive, I'll have to check on it, but I don't think they test on animals and the beComing line (a little pricier) is more along the "natural" lines.  Just a thought.

feel free to messsage me if you have any questions.  They do have some paler shades.

www.youravon.com/mhead

hope it helps!

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
Mek

http://thriftyniftyandchic.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2005 12:59:19 PM »

Lemon juice and cucumber juice are supposed to be good for fading dark spots or scars so it should be okay for making you paler. Lemon juice is stronger than cucumber juice, but it may irritate your skin more. It seems like anything that's made to fade dark spots or scars should also work. Just make sure they don't irritate your skin. Chemical peels may also help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennamaphur
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2005 02:23:51 PM »

there are many products available in asia to make skin lighter...i quickly googled it and came up with these:
http://www.haba.com/products/wl.html
http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml;jsessionid=N4GGGCSRLLRZVLAUCLABXCQ?categoryId=C9387&_requestid=169978

good luck with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilgothkatt
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2005 07:50:44 PM »

I buy the lightest shade Jane makes. their ivory seems to be the lghtest ont he market but still a little to dark for me. there's a website called lulu cosmetics, I think. They sell white liquid concealer. I mix the two until I get the propper shade. Don't use to much of the white though or you look ghouly. I like the snow white/ silent film look. Natural paleness not bottled goth. hope that helps a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
br0ken_11
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005 08:20:46 PM »

wow. you guys are all really great. thanks for all your help!
  and i found a foundation by Benefit that matches my skin tone exactly. the people at the counter were really nice too! i even got a free appointment with them!  Cheesy
(except for those with the michael jackson comments. you can all be eaten by lemurs, for all i care.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can tell by the state of my room that they let me out to soon,
and that the pills that i ate came a couple days too late...

//Dresden Dolls x
glasskatana
tamara, a glass katana

i like bright and shiny things.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005 10:18:57 PM »

ohh i'm jealous...to an extant.
i'm naturally a honey sandy beige so i don't burn imediately but i prefer my paler shades because my skin looks healthier. ...

anyone know how to make a fashionable sunhat? all the ones around my area look very, farmer or cowboy like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fish die belly upward, and rise to the surface. Its their way of falling."

Andre Gide
abbiegrrl
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005 10:33:22 PM »

Wow. I remember back in the Ooollllld days, when PUNK was new (wheez) Wink and what we used to do, in addition to all the other stuff, was to take the regular LOOSE face powder, and add baby powder to it. Lots of it has a tiny tiny bit of a sheen to it, and it makes it look even cooler.Then thruout the day, u can easily touch up w/ just a dab out of one of the travel-size bottles of baby powder.
We didn't even have Goth back then, but I'm down with the rainbow of hues God gave us. Diversity is GOOD.  Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's SO not about me.
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2005 09:06:08 PM »

if you want to be pale that bad you could just trade skin with me...?? oh, if only that was possible. i'm extremely pale because even with a whole bottle of sunscreen on i still burn in like 5 minutes lol...so i'm just avoiding sun entirely. doesn't go too well with my parents though. "go get some fresh air! go knit outside!" ugh.....
ooh, funny paleness story: once my mom got this theatrical makeup catalogue and i was looking at the foundations to see if they had one as pale as me. i got super excited because there was one pretty much exactly the same colour, but then i looked and the name of it was "death flesh". heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005 07:12:21 PM »

SPF 50 is a girl's best friend....also, one thing i discovered by accident, peroxide, just your standard drug store 75 cents a bottle stuff, put it on a cotton ball and rub it over your skin. I found this out while dumping it over some sort of wound for a week, where it ran over my arm was conciderably lighter than the rest of my skin...

That might dry out your skin, just use moisturizer if you wanna do that. Anyways!

Just go buy a $5 or $10 foundation that is one or two shades lighter than your skin color. I wouldn't suggest any lighter than that!

Oh, and please don't use halloween cream makeup Sad That would break my heart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...