A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
206 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i want to be pale! please offer recipes...  (Read 9202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
br0ken_11
« on: March 07, 2005 02:47:35 PM »

no... not tan. being tan makes me angry. however, i am not discriminating against any women (or men, for that matter) of color. i believe that color can be very stunning-- just not on me. does anyone have a recipe on how to achieve a pallad, "fresh from the coffin" look? it would be very much appreciated. my skin is not sensitive, so nearly any recipe will do.  Cheesy

Kristen
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005 03:10:17 PM by br0ken_11 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can tell by the state of my room that they let me out to soon,
and that the pills that i ate came a couple days too late...

//Dresden Dolls x
auroravioletta
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005 09:34:04 PM »

I think pretty much all you can do is wear lots of sunscreen.
And a hat.
And stay in the shade.
And maybe use lots of face powder.
;-)

There really isn't anything you can do to make your skin paler than it is naturally. All you can do is prevent it from tanning more. And anything chemical that's supposed to make it paler is probably horrendous for the texture.

I don't look good with a tan, either. I feel your pain!

Lemon juice is supposed to help fade age spots and freckles, but I don't think it does much for general skin tone. Potato water (as in the water left over from boiling potatoes) is reputed to help pale skin also, but I have no idea why that would work, so I'm pretty skeptical. You could try it and find out, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005 09:41:07 PM »

you might be surprised how much daily sunscreen will 'turn' your skin more pale...  i think you can appear paler too by what make-up you wear and the color of your hair.  it's really popular in some asian countries to use bleaching creams, but they are generally considered unsafe in other countries as some other thread around here was disucussing.  sunblock is the way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
LorettaYoungSkills

burn all the candles out make a wish but not aloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005 10:53:03 AM »

too bad Micheal Jackson didnt read this thread.. hehe

ps- that masnt making fun of you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imamunke
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005 11:55:10 AM »

too bad Micheal Jackson didnt read this thread.. hehe

ps- that masnt making fun of you

LOL! That is what I was thinking, actually really I was thinking...it is to bad we can't ask Micheal. I too am not making fun of you br0ken_11
My recipe for pale skin: genetics, sun screen, and active avoidance of the sun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Buy the ticket ... Take the ride"  ~Hunter S. Thompson
1937-2005 RIP
DaniFae
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005 08:01:36 PM »

SPF 50 is a girl's best friend....also, one thing i discovered by accident, peroxide, just your standard drug store 75 cents a bottle stuff, put it on a cotton ball and rub it over your skin. I found this out while dumping it over some sort of wound for a week, where it ran over my arm was conciderably lighter than the rest of my skin...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005 08:19:09 PM »

SPF 50 is a girl's best friend....also, one thing i discovered by accident, peroxide, just your standard drug store 75 cents a bottle stuff, put it on a cotton ball and rub it over your skin. I found this out while dumping it over some sort of wound for a week, where it ran over my arm was conciderably lighter than the rest of my skin...

lol that happened to me before too! i was bleaching my hair and some of the peroxide mixture went on my arm and the hair on my arm turned blond AND the sking got lighter!!

Mikan posted about bleaching creams, alot of girls in the bahamas use them as well, which pisses me off! be black and proud dammit!!  anyway...maybe that would work for you...but i think you have to avoid the sun or something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005 08:30:40 PM »

Try listening to The Cure. Oh, and watch The Crow, a lot.

I can be a smart ass sometimes.

P.S. I apologize, I'm not making light of the question, I'm just making a bad joke.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
whyislife
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005 09:48:04 PM »

im about as white as a human being can get....i just avoid the sun. all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilgothkatt
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005 10:35:27 PM »

I'm pretty damn white as well. It's actually annoying at times. I have a very hard time finding makeup that mathes my skin tone. I've taken to mixing my own foundation.
here's a website with some info on paling....I've used some of these but I can't recall which ones.
http:// [url=http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2010/gawthpallor.html#tanremover1]www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2010/gawthpallor.html#tanremover1 /url]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005 08:37:39 PM »

Well, you can go to any 'goth' store and get that white cake makeup (that's actually just clown makeup)...but then you'd be trendy.  Or maybe you could start carrying a parasol!  Cheesy

My skin is usually one of two shades - burned, or pale as hell, so I agree with everyone else - (baby) sunscreen, and shade. 

Becoming nocturnal also helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
auroravioletta
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005 10:01:42 AM »

Mikan posted about bleaching creams, alot of girls in the bahamas use them as well, which pisses me off! be black and proud dammit!! anyway...maybe that would work for you...but i think you have to avoid the sun or something...

Actually, I've heard that those bleaching creams really damage the skin--permanently. They lighten, but then leave the skin a horrible texture that never heals. (Or so I've heard...There was some TV special on it a while back...) I would avoid them altogether. Scary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005 03:25:46 PM »

i agree about the bleaching creams. . .ditto the peroxide.

if you use anything except sun-avoidance to lighten your skin, go with the lemon juice idea.  and, gross as it may sound, vinegar has bleaching properties, too.  as does chamomile tea (according to my grandmother, but she's got dementia, so. . .).  with these natural ingredients heat also makes them more effective, so boil your lemon juice or your tea, or both.

back in high school i used to bleach my arm hair.  those bleaching creams DID make my hair lighter, but the skin underneath it became whiter, too, so the hair was still visible! 

point is, don't use bleach or peroxide.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
OriBanana
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005 09:09:51 PM »

I heard drinking vinegar makes you paler, too. And I've tried bleachng my spots (huge freckles standing alone randomly on my face) with lemon juice but no avail.

lilgothkatt, what foundations do you mix, 'cause I'm so pale and everything looks orange on me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Welch's God, Thank you for your jelly-like  intervention, with this twat.
THANK YOU  WELCH'S GOD OF THUNDER AND JELLY AND JAM!
taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005 09:16:58 PM »

lilgothkatt, what foundations do you mix, 'cause I'm so pale and everything looks orange on me.

Ok.  Obviously, I'm not her, but there's a foundation called True Match (L'oreal?) that has one shade that is pretty pale.  Plus, there's this one expensive (department store) brand - maybe Chanel? - that will make you your own mix that matches perfectly.  They keep the shade on file, so you can get more of the same thing.  Unfortunately it's like $50 for a couple ounces...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005 09:33:08 PM »

i have the l'oreal true match. . .it's pretty darn good.  and they have corresponding powder now, too.

the sonia kashuk line at target is also good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005 09:39:49 PM »

I have naturally very pale skin and also burn rather than tan, and for foundation I've been quite happy with the palest of most L'oreal varieties.  Worth mentioning, L'oreal also makes Mabelline AND Lancome, and you can probably expect good results from even their lower brand.

However, if you really want to CREATE a paler look, and don't want to wait for the staying-out-of-the-sun bit, and don't MIND using "theatrical" makeup regularly, there's a very easy way to make it look natural:

Get some of the white face paint that is in liquid or semi-liquid form, rather than cake or stick.  Put a bit in a small container, then some of your favorite moisturizing cream. About 1 part makeup to 2 parts cream.  mix it together until creamy and apply as though it were moisturizing cream.  It blends well, is quite subtle, but makes an impressive difference.  That's what I always do when I want to look corpsey.  (For me, that's usually just at Halloween, but still, it's quite effective.)  I know you're probably going for a more all-over kind of look, but for the time being it may do the trick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
selenium
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2005 06:10:15 AM »

For a natural, but temporary goth look you could just donate blood. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005 02:22:36 PM »

i stay out of the sun..dont go over board with the makeup because then you'll get the nickname spooky girl or something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
lutheranchick
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005 07:59:59 AM »

You can also experiment with your hair color to appear more pale, as well as with your eye make-up.  Lots of dark eyeshadow and liner can make you appear more pale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2005 06:19:07 PM »

In general, I wouldn't recommend using makeup either, but then, I'm really more the type of person who wants to look...healthy...  But on occasion, I've really wanted that fresh-from-the-grave look, WITHOUT looking like I put on a bunch of white makeup.  Mixing it with moisturizing cream really helps.  You can even mix a little white makeup with your favorite foundation.  Cut it about 1 part white to 4 parts foundation.  Really, though, if your goal is to look as though you never see the sun, I think the nickname "spooky girl" will probably come with or without the use of makeup.  But then, I'm old.  Almost 30 even.  The closer you get to death, the less you want to look like you're already there.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
unsunshine_69
smarter than your average bear

oh no... she's not a secret now

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005 01:16:40 AM »

i agree with everyone else about the sunscreen. keep it on, and keep in the shade, do that for a year or two and you will be as pale as your natural skin tone will allow- plus at 50 your skin will make you look years younger you'll be thanking yourself then, believe me.  if you've been sunburnt or exposed to the sun without it on, i've always found that applying aloe or vitamin e cream every day helped my skin recover the quickest, b/c  a tan after all is just the result of your skin being fried to a crisp. and as far as makeup goes, i've always found tinted moisturizers, or natural look foundations to be the best at blending in without spending lots of cash, and loreal also makes a solid foundation called feel naturele that i prefer to true match, it doesn't do that weird micro-sparkle thing in the sun and it blends in without noticable colour, just covers up the flaws.

oh it's so nice to talk to other "sunscreeners" haha. i used to be called a pale freak in school, or get teased for my freckles, but i'm pretty proud that i'm the shade i am. i think it's classic and pretty. tanning is sooooo overrated anyways. who wants to turn orange for skin cancer? not me! and bleaching is weird and dangerous sounding too.  i say be proud of the colour you were given, whatever it may be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i would be lying if i wasn't trying
jujubecraftin
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005 01:33:53 AM »

I agree with everyone else, use sunscreen or a daily moisturizer with SPF.  I have slight hesitations about reccommending this though cause i've read that there is some questions arising about the safety of long term chemical sunscreen use.  But there are some face creams that provide natural protection, usually not more than 10 SPF, but probably good enough for daily sun exposure.  Also, in Asia all the girls use sun hats or parasols to block the sun from their skin. Basically just avoid sun exposure, well not alltogether cause you need the vitamins it provides, but limit the exposure of uncovered skin to it.  For lighter foundation, Shisheido makes lighter colors, you may want to look in Asian groceries/malls for this and other brands which make lighter colors than you find at the corner drugstores. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
auroravioletta
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2005 04:26:59 PM »

i used to be called a pale freak in school, or get teased for my freckles, but i'm pretty proud that i'm the shade i am. i think it's classic and pretty.  i say be proud of the colour you were given, whatever it may be!

Hehe... I agree. Very classic, and very pretty. I must admit -- I go to great lengths whenever I wear makeup to use a color-corrector for every hint of red in my face, and never ever wear blush.

For a foundation, I've been using Cover Girl in Ivory (the second-palest they have), but I put it on very thinly, so I don't have a problem with orangey-ness. I find that the thicker it is, the orangey-er, but if you use a color-correcting concealer you don't need nearly as much. I use a mint-green concealer from physician's formula to cover up zits and redness and it leaves my skin nice and neutral looking when I blend it in. I barely need the foundation at all afterward. Of course I just found out they test on animals, just like just about every other major makeup brand, so I'm on the lookout now for something new. (I only recently started checking my cosmetics to see whether they do or don't so I'm facing a major overhaul of my purchasing habits :-P )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleCreature
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2005 11:53:24 PM »

Have you tried exfoliating your skin? Whenever I get a "tan" I always use a sugar scrub that I make on it, and not only dose it make my skin soft it seems to make the tan fade quicker. I use this every time I take a shower and have only seen good side effects.

As for foundation I find that custom blend by perscriptives is the only way I can get a foundation that matches my skin and looks natural. I know it costs alot but I never leave the house without foundation on (i have vitaliago) so I would rather it look right.

I think I is funny when I hear of people trying to be paler. It takes me back to the old days when I would try to get a tan every weekend, and all I ended up doing was making myself look like one of those white and brown spotted cows Cheesy lol. I wont even go into the fake tanners  Grin

The recipe for the sugar scrub is about 2 cups sugar and about 1/4 olive oil. I don't actually measure, just add the 2 together until it forms a moist but not wet mixture.
Rub this on your skin after you use soap, and make sure that your skin is damp not drippy. Rinse off.
I then usually use soap again on the spots where I tend to break out like my face.
Then just get out of the shower and towel off, no need to use soap, and no need to use any lotion.

It may sound gross but give it a try. It gives me the softest skin I have ever had, I've never had an allergic reaction to it, and had no weird smells ect.

Hope this helps

THIS ROCKS   Logged
savethemanatees

reduce reuse recycle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005 12:11:30 AM »

im already pale enough but sometimes if i have blemish spots then ill stick some lemon juice on the spot and the blemish is highly reduced and the spot is a liitle paler... but it blends in bc im super pale.
my friend from thailand makes fun of me n says i glow... but i think i ctually do.... im always the first one found in hide and seek in the dark....

spf is def the way to go..... even tho i have a hard time understanding why people want a diff skin color..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OxMonkey
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2005 12:36:39 AM »

My mom swears by this...lettuce water!!  Just boil some water with a couple lettuce leaves in it, let it cool a bit and just wash your face with it!

Oh, and it's also good to cure insomnia!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyclamen
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2005 01:04:44 AM »

I really recommend mineral sunscreen.  I use the Alba Chemical Free SPF 30 - it's about four to eight dollars depending on where you get it at - Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Wegmans, Amazon...  I like it because I swear it makes your skin healthier and it doesn't make me greasy or break out like other sunscreens (even "oil free") do.  And it also has a slight whitish cast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005 10:18:21 PM »

i use alba too, one thing about 'physical' spf blockers is they tend to make your skin look whiter right when you put them on, so you might like that effect.  also, you'll probably need to apply twice a day if you are really trying to block sun effectively.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
JolieLaide
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2005 09:47:10 PM »

Hey Lothruin, when using theater makeup, does it rub off on one's clothes? I'm going for an all over vampire look this Halloween, and I don't want white stains on my costume or my friends. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jlou
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2005 10:14:02 PM »

Pale girls represent!  After years of ridicule for my inability to tan, I've decided to make it my mission to make pale skin the thing.  Feel free to join me in my cause.  As for a makeup suggestion, Max Factor makes some very pale foundation shades.  Usually I'm good using the palest shade offered, but I went two or three shades up in the Max Factor chain (facefinity I think).  That was even far too pale for me.  Other than the color issue, I liked the makeup.  Might be worth checking out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2005 11:17:16 PM »

Just an FYI I picked up years ago, if the foundations are too orange-y, go with a blue based color.  Just like in haircolor, some people need to use a cooler tone.

Not to be a broken-record, but it's what I know.  For discoloration spots (age spots, etc.) Avon makes a cream to help lighten them.  They also have some really great sunblocks that I've seen even the palest children use and not turn the least bit pink!  They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you get the wrong color or don't like the way it smells, feels, whatever - you can get your money back - even if you've used it a couple of times!  I'm not positive, I'll have to check on it, but I don't think they test on animals and the beComing line (a little pricier) is more along the "natural" lines.  Just a thought.

feel free to messsage me if you have any questions.  They do have some paler shades.

www.youravon.com/mhead

hope it helps!

Mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
Mek

http://thriftyniftyandchic.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2005 12:59:19 PM »

Lemon juice and cucumber juice are supposed to be good for fading dark spots or scars so it should be okay for making you paler. Lemon juice is stronger than cucumber juice, but it may irritate your skin more. It seems like anything that's made to fade dark spots or scars should also work. Just make sure they don't irritate your skin. Chemical peels may also help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennamaphur
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2005 02:23:51 PM »

there are many products available in asia to make skin lighter...i quickly googled it and came up with these:
http://www.haba.com/products/wl.html
http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml;jsessionid=N4GGGCSRLLRZVLAUCLABXCQ?categoryId=C9387&_requestid=169978

good luck with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilgothkatt
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2005 07:50:44 PM »

I buy the lightest shade Jane makes. their ivory seems to be the lghtest ont he market but still a little to dark for me. there's a website called lulu cosmetics, I think. They sell white liquid concealer. I mix the two until I get the propper shade. Don't use to much of the white though or you look ghouly. I like the snow white/ silent film look. Natural paleness not bottled goth. hope that helps a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
br0ken_11
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2005 08:20:46 PM »

wow. you guys are all really great. thanks for all your help!
  and i found a foundation by Benefit that matches my skin tone exactly. the people at the counter were really nice too! i even got a free appointment with them!  Cheesy
(except for those with the michael jackson comments. you can all be eaten by lemurs, for all i care.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

//Dresden Dolls x
glasskatana
tamara, a glass katana

i like bright and shiny things.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2005 10:18:57 PM »

ohh i'm jealous...to an extant.
i'm naturally a honey sandy beige so i don't burn imediately but i prefer my paler shades because my skin looks healthier. ...

anyone know how to make a fashionable sunhat? all the ones around my area look very, farmer or cowboy like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Fish die belly upward, and rise to the surface. Its their way of falling."

Andre Gide
abbiegrrl
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2005 10:33:22 PM »

Wow. I remember back in the Ooollllld days, when PUNK was new (wheez) Wink and what we used to do, in addition to all the other stuff, was to take the regular LOOSE face powder, and add baby powder to it. Lots of it has a tiny tiny bit of a sheen to it, and it makes it look even cooler.Then thruout the day, u can easily touch up w/ just a dab out of one of the travel-size bottles of baby powder.
We didn't even have Goth back then, but I'm down with the rainbow of hues God gave us. Diversity is GOOD.  Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's SO not about me.
CosmicCarrot
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2005 09:06:08 PM »

if you want to be pale that bad you could just trade skin with me...?? oh, if only that was possible. i'm extremely pale because even with a whole bottle of sunscreen on i still burn in like 5 minutes lol...so i'm just avoiding sun entirely. doesn't go too well with my parents though. "go get some fresh air! go knit outside!" ugh.....
ooh, funny paleness story: once my mom got this theatrical makeup catalogue and i was looking at the foundations to see if they had one as pale as me. i got super excited because there was one pretty much exactly the same colour, but then i looked and the name of it was "death flesh". heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's plastic on the furniture to keep it neat and clean,
in the pine sol-scented air, somewhere that's green...
Lostlipgloss
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2005 07:12:21 PM »

That might dry out your skin, just use moisturizer if you wanna do that. Anyways!

Just go buy a $5 or $10 foundation that is one or two shades lighter than your skin color. I wouldn't suggest any lighter than that!

Oh, and please don't use halloween cream makeup Sad That would break my heart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pwntbygirl.
evehel

"sometimes i just get SO mad"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005 10:58:54 PM »

don't use peroxide
doing it constantly will strip your skin and you'll get very dry and flaky! bad bad thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flutterbybaby
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2005 02:59:39 PM »

There was this goth site I found one time that had some recipes...cannot recall the site but if I find it, I will post it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmykat
get out of my trash.

take it easy, your wired to detonate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2005 04:41:54 PM »

i use clinique ivory(1) foundation. its not that expensive and it is a pretty good pale color. also powder would work. i second peroxide
THIS ROCKS   Logged

im going to live forever or die trying.
kitchwitch
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2005 04:02:12 AM »

Try www.amphigory.com. they sell white foundation and powder. Hope this hepls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveNTheOcean
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2006 03:08:37 PM »

I was thinking that probably in the winter would be the best time to put sunscreen on your skin. You'll probably get lighter in no time!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
br0ken_11
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006 02:42:37 PM »

Thanks.  Cheesy

Actually, by avoidance of the sun (mostly caused by overcast weather lately and being kept indoors..) I now have a delightful ivory skin tone.

It's so much easier to simply run out to the store, grab the lightest color foundation I see, and scurry to the check-out.

Thanks for the tips, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

//Dresden Dolls x
befffff
Nice to see you, To see you nice!

so uncool it's cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2008 01:18:47 PM »

i look terrible with a tan, have freckles ALL over and burn horribly.so.

i ALWAYS put on sun cream.every day.even if it is a storm.
efoliating to get rid of dead skin is good
for my face neck and arms(and legs if they r showing), i put on my sun cream then concealer(face and neck) then foundation (one shade lighter) then some green powder from avon(to combat redness and dry up oils) and then i put finishing powder(pressed powder) in a nice pale shade.

if that is all to time consuming then a dusting of talc is good(spesh if it is sparkly and yummy smelling!)

my parents were punks in their day but im not sure what they used to stay nice and pale.

also staying in the dark is good.it helps stress aswell.i find laying in my darkened room with a film or some music on chills me out and pales me somewhat!

(being a massive nerd helps too!!!)

bou
xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"she'll need a full body cast...
a big wooden one."

(evil quip 2.0)
Nyctophora
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2008 06:14:30 AM »

I got this from an Internet site a long time ago, I've used it and it's safe (so far as I can tell!) Smiley

My tried and tested "slightly paler" method

1 tablespoon lemon juice (from a bottle is fine)
1 tablespoon buttermilk
1 - 2 tablespoons fuller's earth or cosmetic grade kaolin powder (enough to make a thin paste)
small bowl and spoon for mixing

Wash and dry your face, mix up the paste and spread it evenly on wherever you want to be paler, like a face pack. Leave for 20 mins before rinsing off throughly and patting dry. You may like to do a patch test on the inside of your elbow before trying your face, but I've had no problems. I use this on my face, neck, hands and arms.

This does seem to make my skin paler, not by huge amounts, but enough to notice. It also gave it a nice sort of glow, it's hard to explain that better!

This internet site also had the assertion "fuller's earth is banned"  Huh - not here it's not, but it may be elsewhere. It's usually used to clean grease stains off things you can't wash and is, as far as I know, inert. You can also use kaolin powder, this is an inert clay so safe you can also find it in tummy medicine Smiley

I enjoy being pale and want to be paler, but at the same time any colour you want to enjoy being, go ahead Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
torilimcadle
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2008 06:52:20 PM »

Neutrogena has a SPF 70 sunblock, which is amazing.
NARS also has some very light colors, such as Mont Blanc, Snow, and Flesh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion.
-Noam Chomsky.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...