A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,886
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i want to be pale! please offer recipes...  (Read 9234 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
br0ken_11
« on: March 07, 2005 02:47:35 PM »

no... not tan. being tan makes me angry. however, i am not discriminating against any women (or men, for that matter) of color. i believe that color can be very stunning-- just not on me. does anyone have a recipe on how to achieve a pallad, "fresh from the coffin" look? it would be very much appreciated. my skin is not sensitive, so nearly any recipe will do.  Cheesy

Kristen
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005 03:10:17 PM by br0ken_11 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can tell by the state of my room that they let me out to soon,
and that the pills that i ate came a couple days too late...

//Dresden Dolls x
auroravioletta
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005 09:34:04 PM »

I think pretty much all you can do is wear lots of sunscreen.
And a hat.
And stay in the shade.
And maybe use lots of face powder.
;-)

There really isn't anything you can do to make your skin paler than it is naturally. All you can do is prevent it from tanning more. And anything chemical that's supposed to make it paler is probably horrendous for the texture.

I don't look good with a tan, either. I feel your pain!

Lemon juice is supposed to help fade age spots and freckles, but I don't think it does much for general skin tone. Potato water (as in the water left over from boiling potatoes) is reputed to help pale skin also, but I have no idea why that would work, so I'm pretty skeptical. You could try it and find out, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mikan

we are ugly but we have the music

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005 09:41:07 PM »

you might be surprised how much daily sunscreen will 'turn' your skin more pale...  i think you can appear paler too by what make-up you wear and the color of your hair.  it's really popular in some asian countries to use bleaching creams, but they are generally considered unsafe in other countries as some other thread around here was disucussing.  sunblock is the way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

now, whether in punishment or reward, through all eternity, she must love and believe in what she did not understand.  -dennison
LorettaYoungSkills

burn all the candles out make a wish but not aloud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005 10:53:03 AM »

too bad Micheal Jackson didnt read this thread.. hehe

ps- that masnt making fun of you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imamunke
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005 11:55:10 AM »

too bad Micheal Jackson didnt read this thread.. hehe

ps- that masnt making fun of you

LOL! That is what I was thinking, actually really I was thinking...it is to bad we can't ask Micheal. I too am not making fun of you br0ken_11
My recipe for pale skin: genetics, sun screen, and active avoidance of the sun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Buy the ticket ... Take the ride"  ~Hunter S. Thompson
1937-2005 RIP
DaniFae
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005 08:01:36 PM »

SPF 50 is a girl's best friend....also, one thing i discovered by accident, peroxide, just your standard drug store 75 cents a bottle stuff, put it on a cotton ball and rub it over your skin. I found this out while dumping it over some sort of wound for a week, where it ran over my arm was conciderably lighter than the rest of my skin...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005 08:19:09 PM »

SPF 50 is a girl's best friend....also, one thing i discovered by accident, peroxide, just your standard drug store 75 cents a bottle stuff, put it on a cotton ball and rub it over your skin. I found this out while dumping it over some sort of wound for a week, where it ran over my arm was conciderably lighter than the rest of my skin...

lol that happened to me before too! i was bleaching my hair and some of the peroxide mixture went on my arm and the hair on my arm turned blond AND the sking got lighter!!

Mikan posted about bleaching creams, alot of girls in the bahamas use them as well, which pisses me off! be black and proud dammit!!  anyway...maybe that would work for you...but i think you have to avoid the sun or something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005 08:30:40 PM »

Try listening to The Cure. Oh, and watch The Crow, a lot.

I can be a smart ass sometimes.

P.S. I apologize, I'm not making light of the question, I'm just making a bad joke.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
whyislife
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005 09:48:04 PM »

im about as white as a human being can get....i just avoid the sun. all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilgothkatt
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005 10:35:27 PM »

I'm pretty damn white as well. It's actually annoying at times. I have a very hard time finding makeup that mathes my skin tone. I've taken to mixing my own foundation.
here's a website with some info on paling....I've used some of these but I can't recall which ones.
http:// [url=http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2010/gawthpallor.html#tanremover1]www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/2010/gawthpallor.html#tanremover1 /url]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Room Divider
Tute Tuesday: Snow Dyeing
Baby, It's Cold Outside

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...